Army vs. Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL don't flatter yourself "INTEL". first of all, military intelligence is an oxy-moron. I never used anything intel has given us nor has it ever been accurate. maybe i always had the bad luck of being with a unit with a horrible S-2. However, I also been to 3 duty stations so that tells you something.

go infantry man. I learned the best intel you can get is from other line guys whom sector you are about to take over or the stuff you find yourself. intel is straight up desk job not very james bond like.
I find it very suspicious that someone who claims to have the background you say you have, have such an attitude to intelligence. If you were my squad leader, I would not trust you, let alone go into battle with you.

I´m as a scout trained in intelligence gathering and so is our snipers. Not intelligence trained as such, but I know what it is about and the value of it.

I also been to 3 duty stations so that tells you something
So have I, and it tells me you're either a fool, been very lucky or you're not a soldier

First off, you are funny GHR. If you put full confidence into your S-2 then you are a very lucky man.

Second, do you know what the secondary mission of a sniper is? no you probably don't.

Third, don't question who I am. Don't need to prove anything to you. All i'm saying, from my own experience, soldiers who prop their "intel" job up bothers me because from MY OWN personal experience they have never provided us anything of value.

For the homo who claims to be SF, GREAT JOB BRO!!!!!!! I'm sure SF and Rangers get the competant S-2 individuals. I mean they would have to right? Go back to the line units, we usually get garbage.

GHR and that's right you shouldn't trust me with your life. Because I don't care about what you think, what you have to say, what you have done or WHO YOU ARE.

So on that note, let's stick to the subject.

INTELLIGENCE!

Only reason why I posted that comment earlier because he was trying to prop up a job he knows nothing about. I can only tell you what i've seen with my own eyes and TRUST me, I can operate without those guys. I can go into the TOC myself and pullup the daily SIGACT reports which I have done many of times. Wow two IED's on route tampa today. Wow small arms fire route pepsi this week. Awesome, definately changed my mission lol.

Last but not list, armour? Really? haha. Let me ask you a question, are your waist line measurements based off the duty position you have on the tank or bradley? Yes, tankers and bradley crews are fat. There I said it.

Don't matter if you are a marine or a soldier. You still want to be a POG. Means personnell other than grunt. If you aren't infantry, you are a POG. Sorry man, you chose the job.

Ignorant...

I guess the "grunts" don't need any help from anyboby. They can just fullfill all their own missions...

I thought only joes and boots took that crap seriously. So either you have learned nothing from your "3" duty stations, or you are a joe trying to sound like a big and bad 11B. Get over yourself. I would love for you to go to a VA hospital and tell all those non infantry "POGs" that they may have been wounded, but their wounds are just "POG" wounds and therefore less important than the REAL soldiers, the infantryman. Stop acting like a f-cking private.

Oh here we go again.

No I didn't say we could accomplish all the jobs.

No, I never said infantry was the only MOS in the military.

No, every job in the military serves it's purpose, however little or large it may be.

But when it comes down to it, if you are not an infantryman grunt.

YOU ARE A POG.

It's what we call you, learn to accept it.

No you don't do what we do, even if you didn't have your paladins for a tour.

No you didn't join the military to engage and destroy the enemy in close combat.

You chose to pick a job that engages target we call in from 8 grid squares away.

A tanker chose a job to sit in his air conditioned tank while he pushes buttons to kill people.

A supply sergeant enlisted to horde items and prevent infantryman from receiving them.

You do what you do because you signed up for it.

So what are you, sir? A grunt? Or an officer?:sniper:I

You react exactly as I expected - with an angry counterattack. A typical response from someone who is caught in a lie. You want to sound like a tough guy but you can´t convince me.

You claim to have been stationed abroad and that you are sniper. And then you have a photo of yourself on your profile - brilliant!

Your rhetoric is very aggressive and your attitude to other branches of the army are so ignorant that I doubt you are an NCO or soldier for that matter. You show disrespect to an officer and although this is only an internet forum I still have respect for those who have higher rank and/or more experience than I have.

So yes, I question who you are.

anyone can see my face I don't care. i'm not delta force or anything lol.

respect is earned not given. I don't know him and he doesn't know me.

Has it occured to you that I don't give a **** about anyone or anything?

Is it possible, to be a disgruntled government employee? Shut your face.

What do you know, anyways? PLEASE TEACH ME

:m16:I respect many branches of the armed forces. I like the air force, because their women are so hot.

As far as different MOS's. I love mechanics. I love medics. I love commo because THEY HELP ME. unlike INTEL. guys like that who stay back on the fob, hog up all the energy drinks and nicotine on the fob. when we come back to the COP for refit theres nothing left.

then you got soldiers getting denied from the dfac after getting off mission because our "uniforms are too dirty". Yeah, it builds up resentment guy. I don't know how they do it in the f-aget danish army, but alot of pogs in the military aren't worth the weight they place on the back of uncle sam. so think twice before you comment on something you know nothing about.

MORON

1 more thing **** boy. Don't be jealous I passed sniper school and you didn't. You can blow me.

You also don't have to feel like less of a man because I can kill someone from 800 meters away if I wanted to with the right equipment, unlike you.

Yeah I can talk **** I earned the right.

* LOL * John Wayne has not lived in vain!

I've never had ambitions to become a sniper. Then to kill becomes to personally, and I'm not sure I'll like that.

Have a nice day.
I think your stay here will be very short! ;)

Last edited:
What about all those "POGs" that are fullfilling infantry missions these days? I've done it, most the guys I've deployed with have done it? You think you're the only guy in the military that has had to deal with REMFs? I also had the priviledge of serving in an infantry company during the invasion of Iraq. Great group of guys. Great leadership...lot's of sexy equipment to go with it. I go to an FA unit the same deployment...guess what, same mission...not near the resources that the "grunts" got.

Anyways, your conduct is quite arrogant, and I don't think you really know what it is to be a soldier. Your conduct is not becoming of a soldier, and especially not of an NCO. What's the first line of the NCO creed? Have you conducted yourself in the manner that this creed dictates? So far as I can see, you are acting quite unprofessional and quite like a new private, kicking and screaming to anyone and everyone that you ARE an infantryman. If you'd shut up and open up for a minute, you'd see there is still a lot to learn, and many on this site can offer that to you.

I'll remember your picture, I'll keep an eye out. It's a real small army. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorow...but sooner or later you're going to run into that immovable object. When it happens all I'm going to say is that I told you so.

Also, you say that you joined to close with and destroy the enemy in close combat...Man...that sure sounds familiar, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, it sounds an awful lot like the soldiers creed..."I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States in close combat"...Face it, the GWOT has changed the nature of warfare as of late. Many other branches do YOUR job on a regular basis. In a few months, I'll be doing it again down range. I don't want to hear you crying about energy drinks and nicotine...you didn't go to Iraq until 2007. I'd like to know how an infantryman that joined in 2003, doesn't make it to Iraq until 2007?

Last edited:
get a life man. you take **** too seriously. i go when the army tells me to go. if you read my profile i was stuck in korea. worst year of the war was 2007 anyway.

the creed? really?. looks like you are staying in for 20 years aren't you. well have fun with that.

im done with this endless pissing match. I will not respond to anymore on this thread. good day!:cool:

Hello.

You´d be hardpressed to find people talking smack about their choosen profession on here.
You think you got a rotten deal that had to go fight, we get it.
You are one of them hardchargers that develop a sudden case of PTSD and yell at people you don´t know, we get it.
You are scared you´ll be sent to another place to serve out your contract, we get it.

None of that gives you the right to come on here and piss on people that have done/ are doing that same thing you do.
Best case scenario you will only tarnish the reputation of the US Army on this INTERNATIONAL board.
Worst case, I hope it never finds you.

Having said all that, and if you are still reading and haven´t started to throw another tempertantrum.
I for one DO think you have some valid points that I do think should be discussed.
But insted of arguing your points you stand there stomping your foot like a seven year old.

Obesity amongst troops in a warzone in the field or on a FOB is not ok, should never be regarded as ok.
This problem is not unique to US troops stationed abroad but much more common.
I for one think it is due to lugging around Taco Bells, Burger Kings and such in warzones.
These things have no place in combat IMO.
Not many other countries feel the need to feed their soldiers in this manner, why does america?
Furthermore the familiarity of such luxurys may very well cause a soldier to relax too much and not keep his vigilans up.
Worst case scenario the locals working on base can be tipping your opponent off about movements, patrol patterns etc, etc..

It IS a rasonable question to ask.
I myself are very interested in the answer some of the members of this board may or may not be able to provide.
So ask the question instead of going off on everyone.
Clear?

KJ sends...

Worst year of the war was 2007? Where the hell did you come up with that number? I can think of several that were worse, hell, in 2007 things were starting to get better. I'd have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that 2004 was the worst year of the war, lot's of straight up fights that year on top of a full f-ing blown insurgency. VBIEDs killing by the hundreds in Baghdad, Fullujah being overrun by Sunni extremists...twice, Ramadi being damn near overrun at the same time. The Mahdi militia damn near taking over Najaf and Karbala...The list is endless.

Should we not have creeds to live by? Should we just conduct ourselves in any way we see fit? No standards. No discipline. This is a prime example of the slipping standards in the Army these days. This FU attitude where everyone thinks they're special and are prima donnas has infected the Army. Young soldiers are being led astray because junior NCOs like you are teaching them that standards don't matter. It's going to get people killed. I saw your little video on youtube, pretty shameful stuff. It told me everything I need to know.

BTW, I do take this seriously, this is a serious business we are in. By humbling ourselves we can look in the mirror and see what needs to be done better. As leaders we owe that to our soldiers, because in the end, they are the ones who ultimately pay for our mistakes. I don't relish the idea of writing a letter to one of my soldiers family members because they were killed from my, or one of my subordinate leaders refusal to see what they can do better. Pride makes people think they don't need to change. It makes people think they already know everything. The enemy is counting on this.

Last edited:
And away we go...

1. To the OP, RE: witty rhetoric.

I used to tease my Marine buddies by starting off the interservice rivalry (that's all it is, professionals teasing each other) with, "Hey, I tried to join the Marines, but I couldn't pass the physical. As soon as I took off my pants and they saw balls, they sent me to the Army." :dive:

Change branches around and that will shut him up! :)

2. Inerservice rivalry exists because we are ALL professional soldiers serving for the man next to us. Not mom or apple pie or the American dream. We serve for those who are also serving so that others don't have to serve. Period.

We tease each other because we have earned the right to. Real soldiers know that such talk is pedantic at best, a jovial friction between brothers and sisters in arms with our butts on the line. As an Infantry soldier, I was no better or worse or more or less important than the Coast Guard pencil pusher. Our roles differ, but my job depends on the jobs of others and their jobs depend on me doing mine.

3. To Koponkof:

Please stop embarrassing my Blue Rope and Discs. I too made all the nasty comments about POGs and FOBBITs and other such people who didn't share my time in a foxhole, but I would never publicly berate them for their choice of MOS.

What the hell are you fighting for if the freedom to choose we enjoy so much only results in your angst? Joking around and teasing is one thing. Being pompous is NOT the Infantry standard of professionalism and quite the other. How do you feel when others tell you that you were only Infantry because you are too stupid to do anything else? Because that is every bit the lie as the POG comments you've made here are.

I've been a member here since 2007, and I know the regulars. They are quality people. You have ZERO right or cause to judge them just because you Turned Blue. Without your friendly pencil pusher, what are you going to do when the wife and kids are hungry and homeless because your check doesn't get processed?

As your Infantry brother, I ask you, with all due and proper respect, to cease the nonsense and remember the phrase, "Quiet Professional."

It makes me happy you have seen my post on you tube. Type in the real army infantry life(fort hood sniper) haha.

Sorry guys, the ship has sunk. You have faith in the service and the people over you then you obviously haven't seen what I seen and you still choose to lie to yourself so you sleep better at night.

Military is not for everybody, that is fine. I once wanted to make this a career. Until I was engulfed with incompetent ***** who got promoted and took all the credit for their guy's hard work.

How can I trust a commander who entrusts an individual with the rank of staff sergeant whom my life depends on and he doesn't even know how to set the time on a ASIP radio? Or know the 8 battle drills? Or how to make an op order or even tell his squad the basic plan for today's mission?

This is not only in my unit or past units, this rampant army wide. You know this, I know this.

Don't give me your self righteous speel about creeds and values. That **** goes out the window when you take fire.

To mr. artillery grunt infantry guy, YES 2007 was the worst year of the war casualty wise. look it up. If it matters, which I don't think it does, I was in baghdad and baqouba my first tour. Baghdad I was based out of FOB liberty and patrolled southern baghdad at the tip of the triangle of death known as East Rashid, the second worst place at the time in 2007. Shortly later we moved up to Baqouba, one of the hardest hit cities of the war besides fallujah.

2004 was a bad year I will give you that. More SIGACTS and actual long fire fights and events that went on I cannot take that from you nor will I ever. However, 2007 was a year with higher casualties but less attacks. Each attack during that year produces the most casualties of any year in the war.

Believe me I know, I was there and had drunk privates talking smack about it after we got back. I would shut them up quickly.

I don't brag about anything I have done. I only speel this out around the military. let's face it, don't you ever clinch your fist in formation? Don't you ever grind your teeth when some moron with more rank than you because he's been in just a little bit longer decides the action that may make you or break you, forever?

Come on grow some balls people. Dicipline has never been an issue for me, in matter of fact, I am one of the most respectful NCO's you will ever meet. I don't care what your MOS is or what job you chose. We all have our part.

Anyone who has been infantry or combat MOS knows the whole "pog" game is an inside joke. Mainly do it because others get so mad and it amuses us.

They are all still pos though.

You can discredit me all you like. You only know what I let you know. It's sad we had to come to this off a little post I posted earlier regarding a JOKE.

Leave it up to Hard chargers like yourselves to blow it out of properation.

And I went back on my word. I said I wouldn't respond anymore. Ah well.

On that note check out my video. It's meant for humourous purposes ONLY! If you take personal offense to it, then go cry in the corner. Lighten up a bit.

If you can't laugh then I you must have a miserable time in the military and as a result make those below you EVEN MORE miserable. Seen it a million times.

Check out my second video too about barack obama's speech.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-o3hc43fZ0"]YouTube - The real Infantry Army life(fort hood sniper life)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kbEy2A6b18"]YouTube - President Barack Obama's Budget Plan[/ame]

LOL!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back