Army vs. Marine joke

lil Lt

Did anyone know that Army is actually an acronym, ya it stands for:

Aint
Ready for the
Marines
Yet

lol

Ok, was going to post a similar one from Israel, but it would be really hard to explain, so jus act like I did...

I thought that's what they said about 16 year old kids who want to play military.

How about waiting until you're in the service before you start making cracks about those already protecting you?

Somewhat humourous. I have to agree with Redneck on this one. The US Army is just as respectable as the Marines.

Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone, and for the record, I have no preferance to the Marines or Army, I plan to go to one or the other, its just one of the many jokes I know. And I have the utmost respect for those in uniform.

Heard a similiar one about the Marines from a prior Marine

My
A$$
Really
Is
Navy
Equipment
Sir

No offense taken lil Lt and Rotty, that was a good one too. I never heard that particular version before.

Rotty261 said:
Heard a similiar one about the Marines from a prior Marine

My
A$$
Really
Is
Navy
Equipment
Sir

Never heard of that version. Just "My Ass Rides In Navy Equpitment."

How about this one:

Moronic
Army
Rejects
In
Naval
Environment
Sailing

Learned that from a battle buddy of mine. :p

how about not dissing the marine corps considering they are the first ones into a combat zone and that is why? because they are the most respectable and most professional, why do you think the marines and the secret service are the presidentsa body guards, hmmmmm

:lol: kewl i never heard none of them before. no offenese i don't think their tryin to offend its just a joke, right :? :?:

yes it is lil lt. when i was in DC we went to see a destroyer their and one of the "shark baits" as they call themselves walked up to me nearing the end and said you know what Marine stands for i said yeah. i then said you know what Navy stands for :D (he turned around took a few steps and came back) . We had good laugh when i said what US Army backwards means. Its fun to joke around with those already in the military.

Oh, but it's ok to make fun of the Army?

>>>how about not dissing the marine corps considering they are the first ones into a combat zone and that is why? because they are the most respectable and most professional, why do you think the marines and the secret service are the presidentsa body guards, hmmmmm<<<

Ok so you are allowed to make fun of other branches of the service (Namely Army), yet the Marine Corps isn't touchable? How many years in the service do you have? Are you just a wannabe cadet at the moment? You'll understand that there are jokes that circulate within each service, and it is all fair game. When things get serious however, each service is professional and respectable. Each service has a different mission so you cannot go on saying one is MORE respectable than another. The Marines are light units that can quickly go in attack and get out. The Army on the other hand is for occupation and stability, using heavier fire power and armor units.

To your response: first of all, the Marines are not always the first to go into a combat zone, usually it is the Special Forces, Army Rangers, Navy Seals, etc depending on the mission. Before claiming that the Marines are "the most professional and respectable," let me ask you, what schools do the Marines have for training? Do the Marines have an Airborne school, Air Assault, Winter Warfare? Should I even need to mention Ranger school or the Special Forces (Green Berets)? How many Marines go to ARMY schools to receive training. Whose tactics and field manuals have the Marines used or "adopted"? That's right, the Army, the largest and FIRST ground force. What service is the oldest-first to fight and build the nation's might? If things get too hot for the Marines and they can't occupy territory, who do they send in? The Army and Marines have different missions.

In regards to positions of honor like guarding the President, each service has their own honors. Let me respond by asking, who guards and cares for Arlington National Cemetary/the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, 365 days 24/7? If you are going to place respectability and professionalism on guarding the president, than by golly, the Secret Service should be the best of all the services....you know they aren't military, right? As an Army Infantry officer, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the Marines are always more respectable etc... over the Army and vice-versa.

Jokes are fun but when they degrade the men and women of a particular service (calling them less professional or respectable) it goes too far.

Good post Rustan, and I think that most of us agree with you there..

A bit of "friendly competition" is ok, as long as it doesn't go too far...

Welcome to the forum by the way (even if it's while since you registered).
How about an intro? :)

I'm in a bit of a jam. Both my father and son are marine corp. Being A vetran of the army and serving proudly with the 101st airborne. I don't know what they are talking about but my father seems a special kind of joy in my situation. I've services but these two marine are really starting to get on my nerves. If I retaliate I'm afraid my wife will be upset with me and I want my son to know that I am proud of him for serving his country any advise.

Oh got a good acronym too

Uncle
Sams
Misguided
Children

hmm I'm just putting ones that our soldiers have told me. I would never come up with any of these on my own, I have so much respect for all the men and women out there protecting my freedoms, thanks so much for all you do. Here are a few for your next trash talk session.

Mean
And
Retarded
Idiots
No-one
Ever
Screws

Used
Screwed
And
Retired
Me
Yeah

Uncle
Sam
Anit
Released
Me
Yet

Backwards
Yes
My
Retarded
Ass
Signed
Up

Anit
Ruinned
Me
Yet

Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

USCG- Uncle Sam's Confused Group
Those are all I've ever had any of the guys tell me, and don't get me wrong they talk plenty of trash about the AF too, but I can't remember them ever coming up with anything that spells it.

Back