Army streamlines service uniforms to one blue Army Service Uniform

What is the best uniform for the US Army?

• Total voters
If there's one constant in the military, it's change. The next thing you'll see is one uniform for everyone in the service. I think it'll just make it harder to pick a fight in a bar.
:hide: :box:

But with the new velcro system, whenever we want to start a fight, we just remove our patches, especially the name and rank, and have at it!

You know, after going to pastels and adding all sorts of gee gaws like velcro and all sorts of pockets, they start to look a little gay. :shock:

Maytime said:
But with the new velcro system, whenever we want to start a fight, we just remove our patches, especially the name and rank, and have at it!

Now, THAT is progress.
:)

Maytime said:

Damn, that is one sharp idea. I can truly have fun in the bars.

I wish that my Department did that.

AussieNick said:
I suppose my one question is this.
Will this cause confusion amongst the civilian population between services?

No, this isn't a "new" uniform, it's the same blues the Army has had for years. They're just wanting to use it as the service uniform now instead of dress.

Besides, you could make us wear neon signs that say our branch and civilians would still get is confused.

I do wonder what the Army will do about abn guys, bloused boots in blues won't look too hot.

Maytime said:
At least those qualified will get to keep their skill tabs, IIRC.

Yeah, but are they going to stick with the little metal tabs you wear now or going to add the cloth shoulder tabs to it?

They also haven't said anything about the berets (we manage to make our berets work with blue somewhat okay), short sleeves, etc. Seems like an odd uniform to choose as service wear.

AF is wanting to get rid of bloused boots for us too, frankly, I don't care except that I get to save money on getting the trousers hemmed. :p

I remember an SF officer saying that he has to dig up his pin-on tab, so I gather that's what they're moving towards. No word yet on the berets, I hope they are abolished on the blues, that would just look fugly as hell IMNSHO. Most people can't wear them correctly anyway, not including those who really earn them (ABN, SF, Ranger). I wouldn't mind going back to the patrol cap w/ utility all the time for us non-high speed folk :)

No, this isn't a "new" uniform, it's the same blues the Army has had for years. They're just wanting to use it as the service uniform now instead of dress.

Besides, you could make us wear neon signs that say our branch and civilians would still get is confused.

I do wonder what the Army will do about abn guys, bloused boots in blues won't look too hot.

Cheers mate. Didn't realise that it'd been around for awhile already.
The whole neon sign thing rings true here too. At least in our general duty dress because the god damn RAAF wear army cams as their dailys.

zander_0633 said:
Well, it's better isn't it mate? No worrys about wad to wear tomorrow!hehe

That isn't a concern in the military, regardless of uniforms, anyway.

Back