Army Reserve Interview

Bory

Well, next Wendsday, I have my interview with the Army reserves. Im hopefully joining up with 1/19 RNSWR, in fact I made there colour patch my Avatar. Man I hope I get in, but I shouldn't be too worried.

You should be fine. Just keep cool during the interview, and everything'll turn out great.

Heh and next tuesday is my regular army interview/Assessment day. I hope to be in the 4th/19th Prince of Wales's Light Horse Regiment. :D

Good luck to you.

Kilgore said:
Heh and next tuesday is my regular army interview/Assessment day. I hope to be in the 4th/19th Prince of Wales's Light Horse Regiment. :D.

Kilgore are you sure 4/19PWLH are ARA as my info suggests that they are GRES and are located at Macleod. Unless you are doing FTS at that unit you would be joining as GRES.

And BORY as long as you pass the PFA you should have no problems. You would be supprised how many people fail such a simple test.

Ouch, you're right. This is odd actually... most armoured regiments are reserves while only a few are regular.

1st armoured (MBT's)
3rd/4th cavalry regiment
2nd cavalry regiment

It's not really that odd; it's the same way in the Canadian army. Most of the regiments are Reserves; however, they are rarely above the company level in size; they're just kept as regiments for traditions sake.

****THREAD HIJACK*****

By the way, Aussie blokes. What do you think of the fact that

a. 3RAR is moving back to their spiritual home of woodside barracks in Adelaide

b. That 1 Armoured Regiment is going to have a permenant posting of a Sabre squadron of Abrams at El Alemain/Cultana

(It's amazing what interesting stuff you find out when you talk to the right officers at a mess function)

AussieNick said:
****THREAD HIJACK*****

By the way, Aussie blokes. What do you think of the fact that

a. 3RAR is moving back to their spiritual home of woodside barracks in Adelaide

What Fact? more like one of many rumours.

AussieNick as a long time member of "Old Faithful" and have in the past listened to all the rumours about the Bn moving and possibly losing its current role so on and so on. Until it happens or the Bn gets a warning order to move then it is just that a rumour.

Maybe Fact was not the right word. Rumor does sound a lot more accurate.

I know I know, it's just an interesting prospect isn't it.

What I was told as "Fact" by a Lt. Col. was that the para role is being phased out due to an unsustainable injury rate. Another clue was the fact that Woodside barracks has just had 15mil invested in new lines.... to house 16 Air Defence regiment, I think not.

As you say... it is a rumor at the moment. What have you heard about it?

Holy crap! I'll try to get into the 1st armoured regiment then if i can get posted to adelaide. :shock:

The new Mechanized Battalion, would that mean either reinstating 8 RAR, or spliting 5/7 RAR to make two seperate battalions?

As it says in the article 3RAR could move to Woodside I think 5/7RAR would stay were they are at the moment but it is still in the early days of planning so its going to be a case of wait and see.

Just getting back on track for a second.

I did well in my interview toady, just have to wait for DFR To get back to me on a date to do the pysical, Psyc test and the final interview.
The jobs open to me were Rifleman, Driver, Operator Supply, Adim Clerk, Medic.
But, my prefference is still Rifleman. I've got my heart set on it. :rambo:

Congratulations! Good to here another person is on his way to his dream. :D

Im curious though, was that your JOES day or Assessment day? Sounds like a JOES day, because thats when they tell you what you're suitable for. Assessment day is to test if you are capable for those tasks.

Back