Army Reserve Interview - Page 2

--
Boots

May 1st, 2005  
AussieNick

****THREAD HIJACK*****

By the way, Aussie blokes. What do you think of the fact that

a. 3RAR is moving back to their spiritual home of woodside barracks in Adelaide

b. That 1 Armoured Regiment is going to have a permenant posting of a Sabre squadron of Abrams at El Alemain/Cultana

(It's amazing what interesting stuff you find out when you talk to the right officers at a mess function)
May 2nd, 2005  
LIPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
****THREAD HIJACK*****

By the way, Aussie blokes. What do you think of the fact that

a. 3RAR is moving back to their spiritual home of woodside barracks in Adelaide
What Fact? more like one of many rumours.

AussieNick as a long time member of "Old Faithful" and have in the past listened to all the rumours about the Bn moving and possibly losing its current role so on and so on. Until it happens or the Bn gets a warning order to move then it is just that a rumour.
May 2nd, 2005  
AussieNick

Maybe Fact was not the right word. Rumor does sound a lot more accurate.

I know I know, it's just an interesting prospect isn't it.

What I was told as "Fact" by a Lt. Col. was that the para role is being phased out due to an unsustainable injury rate. Another clue was the fact that Woodside barracks has just had 15mil invested in new lines.... to house 16 Air Defence regiment, I think not.

As you say... it is a rumor at the moment. What have you heard about it?
--
Boots
May 3rd, 2005  
LIPS

Well it looks like it may happen.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...90-421,00.html
May 3rd, 2005  
Kilgore

Holy crap! I'll try to get into the 1st armoured regiment then if i can get posted to adelaide.
May 3rd, 2005  
Bory

The new Mechanized Battalion, would that mean either reinstating 8 RAR, or spliting 5/7 RAR to make two seperate battalions?
May 3rd, 2005  
LIPS

As it says in the article 3RAR could move to Woodside I think 5/7RAR would stay were they are at the moment but it is still in the early days of planning so its going to be a case of wait and see.
May 4th, 2005  
Bory

Just getting back on track for a second.

I did well in my interview toady, just have to wait for DFR To get back to me on a date to do the pysical, Psyc test and the final interview.
The jobs open to me were Rifleman, Driver, Operator Supply, Adim Clerk, Medic.
But, my prefference is still Rifleman. I've got my heart set on it.
May 4th, 2005  
Kilgore

Congratulations! Good to here another person is on his way to his dream.

Im curious though, was that your JOES day or Assessment day? Sounds like a JOES day, because thats when they tell you what you're suitable for. Assessment day is to test if you are capable for those tasks.
May 4th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
Well it looks like it may happen.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...90-421,00.html
Told ya