Army related

So you are saying I should do Army Reserves????? SWEET. I think I have to go talk to a recruiter and find out all the information I want to know. Thank you for your help. I appriciate it very much. :) I'm so happy today for some reason. I'm spazing out big time. Hmmm... Oh , it's cause my brother that's in the Marines comes home for a few weeks today !!!!

WHOA!

I'm not saying you do anyhitng other than take time to make the right decision.

The reserves are a good opportunity to get experience, training, and money for school. They are also called up more frequently than 10-15 years ago.

Why not stop by a police station and ask guys that know what it took to become a cop in your area. I'm mainly going off my brother in law (Philly cop).

You may also find the Army Guard or Air Guard have programs to pay for college. In PA, enlisted members get full tuition to state schools (approx $3-4,000 per year. It's essentially a grade free scholarship.

Check out the Guard programs, as well. My two cents? The Air Force units enjoy a far higher quality of life, better travel opportunities, and more laid back atmosphere. Their SPs are also well trained. In fact, I went my unit's SPs to play paintball in Alpena Michigan as "small unit tactics." It was actually very effective. MILES gear doesn't simulate the sound of stuff whizzing by your ears. Paint ball pellets shot from those compressors may not be bullets, but they get your head down and make you highly aware of the results of any "brave" charges.

Well, I will have to look into the guard stuff too. I don't have too much time to decide what I want to do. I have to go to sleep. I have to get up in the morning to meet a reserve recruiter. Thanks for all your help!?!

well... to be a cop is good. You can serve the country from the inside and help your own citizens. I think for your personality (as far as i can know), you'll be able to do more as a cop.

There's also boot camp for cops. ;)

Is there realy boot camp for police? Like, specifically for police? Wow, uh, that's cool. You should see me at work. I work at an Arby's 8) and every time a cop goes through the drive thru or inside I talk to them. My boss and all the managers let me stop what I'm doing to talk to them too. I'm sure all the cops here in this town and a few surrounding towns know me. lol That's sort of pathetic :shock: . But, I realy should go. Talk to you guys later.

RecruitWalterUSMC said:
Is there realy boot camp for police? Like, specifically for police?

Sort of. Police academies. They can be anywhere from four to twelve months long (local, county (Parish for Louisiana) and state). Some of them have you stay at the academy and release you on weekends, while most let you go home at the end of the day. While they do incorporate discipline, they are at a completely different end of the spectrum from military recruit training.

In other words, you go to learn the fundamentals of being a police officer, while in military recruit training you go to learn the fundamentals of being a soldier/Marine, etc.

Cool... I think I'll stick with the military though. :) I like my country and it's military. What's better than getting paid to do something you enjoy?

Back