ARMY RECRUITERS GIVEN 5 DAY LEAVE AT EXCLUSIVE PALM SPRINGS RESORT $454/ROOM RATE

babsvet

Let me tell you a true story. I was in Palm Springs over Christmas and had rented a car from Hertz. I was trying to return it as the original place had closed. I went to The Dessert Sands Marriott Hotel and Resort as they had a pickup. This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and exclusive hotels I have ever seen. The lowest room rate is $454.00/ night. I saw military recruiting vehicles outside but did not think much of it. When I walked inside, I must have looked lost and a woman in military fatigues and a knapsack walked up to me and ask if she could help me. I was a bit taken aback as I would not expect to see either her or myself there. So I said what are you doing here. She said there are 500 of us military here having a convention as the Army thought we had worked hard and deserved a break. I looked at her in sheer disbelief and said your kidding right. She said no we just got out of a meeting. I said what is it that you do in the ARMY and she said I am a RECRUITER!!!. I was on my usual bad behavior(angry at what is happening to this country) and I said to her "Oh you are the ones that lie to the kids in high school and elsewhere telling them about signing bonuses, free educations, benefits for life, exclusive training that will get them big salaries when they get out, no fighting in combat zones, no stop orders, no 4-5 consecutive tours of duty in combat areas, etc.and on and on ad infinitum. She just smiled. So instead of sending the people that really deserve to go to Palm Springs like people who have served 5 consecutive tours in combat zones they send the low life lying scum recruiting officers and don't say you were not lied to or they are KNOWN FOR THEIR LIES as on my way home I sat next to a recruit who said he was lied to about his signing bonus. I also had a woman who worked for me whose husband had been a recruiter and could not do it any more as it entailed lying to a degree that even he could not tolerate. They also so have quota's they must fill and if they do not fill them they are in trouble. I guess these 500 RECRUITERS were the super star liars cause they were sure being wined and dined.
The response I usually get from you guys and gals is that you somehow manage to justify this type of behavior as normal: OK, justifiable, necessary, not a problem, all armies do it, I wish I was a RECRUITER, I know honest recruiters, recruiters are a part of the process. So go ahead and justify it. I am not in the military although I was an Air Force brat for 18 years. My father retired a Full bird Colonel in 1966. I have to say this does not particularly impress me these days and I never discuss it with anyone. I am much older now and more aware of the way this corrupt world operates and I believe we are the IMPERIALISTS. We inherited the baton of the ruling empire form Great Britain after WWI after they had lost an entire generation of young men in "no man's land" in WWI and were incapable of policing their(ELITES EMPIRE) empire. They were bankrupt and still are. It was J.P. Morgan that financed WWI for the British as they were busted. In fact, so are we as we declared bankruptcy in 1932 under FDR(due to the first great depression) as did all other nations that had FEDERAL RESERVES. The only 3 that don't have FEDERAL RESERVES are the so-called AXIS of EVIL.(Iraq, Iran and N. Korea)

Okay **** stain....post your real freakin agenda and just put out on front street instead of ghostin. &top with the downing and smack talking of NCO's.

You don't agree with the wars? Freakin fine voice it and beat your hollow lil chest. Ya get vet in your name...service and MOS?

You wanna talk smack..by god talk it ..but talk it straight or I will cyber smack you like a cyber ho you little move on *****.

Okay **** stain....post your real freakin agenda and just put out on front street instead of ghostin. &top with the downing and smack talking of NCO's.

You don't agree with the wars? Freakin fine voice it and beat your hollow lil chest. Ya get vet in your name...service and MOS?

You wanna talk smack..by god talk it ..but talk it straight or I will cyber smack you like a cyber ho you little move on *****.
Whoa, man. I mean, I strongly disagree with her too, but that seems kinda harsh.

Whoa, man. I mean, I strongly disagree with her too, but that seems kinda harsh.

How? She's just another useless ***** who thinks having had a family member in the military entitles her to an opinion. Do you want to know how many more entitlements your 'full bird' father got compared to enlisted ranks?

Wow, really? Grab a tissue and wipe those tears away. Try sleeping in a fighting position for a week and then come back with that post. And nobody gives a **** about your daddy. Have you ever heard of a paragraph? My army officer mom made sure I did. She also taught me to be my own man and not envoke her rank.

How? She's just another useless ***** who thinks having had a family member in the military entitles her to an opinion. Do you want to know how many more entitlements your 'full bird' father got compared to enlisted ranks?
I liked the old method of just throwing them out for posting sourceless propaganda like appears in this thread and several others. I'm not sure we need to curse them out first.

I agree with you 03USMC but I will try to be a little easire.
So she has a problem with the military and recruiters in general.
Well, as a former USMC recruiter I can tell you that contrary to what has always been assumed, recruiters by and large don't lie. I never did, nor did I sugar coat it.
For if a recruiter were to lie, first off there are a number of measures in place to catch the recruiter and it would indeed be the end of his career.
Secondly, if a recruiter were to lie to kids, don't you think that word would get around and then that same recruiter would be out of work for lack of trust?
This lady needs to get a life!
As for quotas, of course every recruiter from all branches have an office quota which then breaks down into a personal quota, so that the office can succede.
That is no different than any other sales oriented business in the country. If there were no quotas then there would be no desire and without desire there would be no successful product.
Do some recruiters sugar coat the truth. Of course, but I always found it better to just tell the truth.
As a former recruiter I have no problem with the government putting them up in a nice Hotel at $450 a night for a working conference, which is what it obviously was. Maybe the recruiter just wanted to infuriate you as you were a smart ass to her.
Have a problem with schools, job skills, travel, adventure lady? Well, guess what. Too bad, because the U.S. military has gotten head starts for lots of kids that wouldn't have had a chance otherwise.
As for American imperilism, as that is what you seem to be accusing this country of....well too bad again, because if it wasn't for this country you wouldn't be able to run that sewer that you call your mouth the way you do.
If you Father is really a retired Colonel he is proably spinning in his grave if he is still living at the insults that you have thrown towards the U.S. military and this country in general.
Get a life, and...oh...burn in hell when it's over!

Hell all mine said was never answer any question with "Because I liked M*A*S*H" and you will fly through.

You guys are hopeless. I could give a F...k if you believe me or not, its the truth about the recruiter's. I believe this particular time in history requires some economic restraint and does not warrant the extravagance of $454/nite rooms, although I am sure Uncle Sam got a big discounts from the corporate pimps as they are all in bed together anyway. If you have 2 brain cells(which is questionable) you would be able to figure it out.

Don't you have parent and families, brothers and sisters who are struggling to put food on the table. The economic management of the U.S. is going to bring this country down in the near future. We can't keep printing this money w/o grave consequences. Yes, I am against the war, all wars. Have they ever resolved anything? The U.S. wars have notdone anything positive since I have been alive. They have not done anything but ruin peoples lives. Viet Nam was a bust. The NCO's were fragging their C.O.s at night with grenade's. Do you really think we went to Iraqi to bring them democracy? Oh and are we still looking for Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan or Pakistan or are we just trying to terrorize the populations there because we are doing a good job of it. I heard Bush say when ask about Osama's capture that it was no longer important he didn't care. Do a little research on the Bush's and you will find out that they are Nazi's and that Prescott Bush, the father of Bush Sr.'s bank was shut down 3 times during WWII for funding the NAZI'S at the sometime the U.S. was at war with them, a real patriot,.and he was a U.S.Senator. I already know you won't check it out nor will you believe it. So continue to be sacrificed at SATAN'S alter because that's who runs this country at the present moment.

You guys are hopeless. I could give a F...k if you believe me or not, its the truth about the recruiter's. I believe this particular time in history requires some economic restraint and does not warrant the extravagance of $454/nite rooms, although I am sure Uncle Sam got a big discounts from the corporate pimps as they are all in bed together anyway. If you have 2 brain cells(which is questionable) you would be able to figure it out.

Don't you have parent and families, brothers and sisters who are struggling to put food on the table. The economic management of the U.S. is going to bring this country down in the near future. We can't keep printing this money w/o grave consequences. Yes, I am against the war, all wars. Have they ever resolved anything? The U.S. wars have notdone anything positive since I have been alive. They have not done anything but ruin peoples lives. Viet Nam was a bust. The NCO's were fragging their C.O.s at night with grenade's. Do you really think we went to Iraqi to bring them democracy? Oh and are we still looking for Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan or Pakistan or are we just trying to terrorize the populations there because we are doing a good job of it. I heard Bush say when ask about Osama's capture that it was no longer important he didn't care. Do a little research on the Bush's and you will find out that they are Nazi's and that Prescott Bush, the father of Bush Sr.'s bank was shut down 3 times during WWII for funding the NAZI'S at the sometime the U.S. was at war with them, a real patriot,.and he was a U.S.Senator. I already know you won't check it out nor will you believe it. So continue to be sacrificed at SATAN'S alter because that's who runs this country at the present moment.

I have to be honest for me it is not whether I believe you or not but whether there is any relevance in what you are saying that sets my opinion.

I look at $454 a night for a hotel and to be honest while it may be a lot for your average Joe in the grand scheme of hotels it is pretty average, I know that the company I work for has a silly rule that says when away from home on business you must stay as close to the place you are visiting as possible and at times that means spending $1000 a night when there is a $100 a night place next door.

Maybe this place was the only one that could take them all so they saved on transport and logistics etc. who knows.

As for wars not achieving anything, I am sure that if you look at the War of Independence or the Civil war or even WW1 and 2 were fought to achieve honourable aims and the world and your nation would have been far worse had they not been fought but for the most part the old maxim still holds "war is an extension of foreign policy" and nothing more.

As for Bush and the Nazi's as much as I disliked GWB and his cohorts I can not hold him responsible for the business dealings of his relatives that occurred before he was born.

If you want to preach about the lack of honesty and moral fibre in the worlds political arenas I think you will find that most people here will agree with you 100% but you don't need to attack everyone to justify your case.

Last edited:
I liked the old method of just throwing them out for posting sourceless propaganda like appears in this thread and several others. I'm not sure we need to curse them out first.

I was thinking she needs a LOT more cursing out.:cheers:

"You guys are hopeless. I could give a F...k if you believe me or not, its the truth about the recruiter's."

Yeah, I WAS a recruiter. Which command in USAREC(or any other recruiting command) did you serve in again?

"Yes, I am against the war, all wars."

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

"Have they ever resolved anything?"

Yes, they have. If you have more questions, ask a history teacher. Maybe they can help you look less foolish. ;)

Last edited:
I'd speak my mind in this post but I really think I'd get permanently banned form here if I did, but yea babsvet post the branch rate and rank, you hate war? Well, nothing I can do about that's your opinion, looks to me like the rest of the world has a slightly different opinion, than everybody else, but we all try to get along. Nam was a bust because the US govt wouldn't fully commit, I have never heard af any fights with grenade between members of the same unit, can you please reference me a link about that?
Bushes are Nazi's, how dare you disgrace a president on the United States of America, past or present What about President Obama, is he a Nazi too?
Sacrificed to Satan? ok now I get it you read the bible and are a religious netcase:)
that's the missing piece to the puzzle..

hey O3 we were wrong Obama isn't a terrorist, he's Satan LMAO Dam man I knew there was something about him I liked.

Ok babsvet I read your pm, don't ever pm me again, I need that space for pm's I get from people that have a brain of their own, and can think for themselves.
I asked for a link to grenade fights between our own troops in Nam, not that B/S you sent me.

Ok babsvet I read your pm, don't ever pm me again, I need that space for pm's I get from people that have a brain of their own, and can think for themselves.
I asked for a link to grenade fights between our own troops in Nam, not that B/S you sent me.
I sent Redleg the she'et she sent me. Hopefully he'll resolve our problem for us before 03 goes psychotic on her....

Hell all mine said was never answer any question with "Because I liked M*A*S*H" and you will fly through.
Mine told me close to the same thing, but specified "Apocolypse Now" and "Full Metal Jacket".

When I went through MEPS, I was given a choice of MOS- Petroleum Lab Tech, Clerk, Cook or Cav Scout. When I told them "Apocolypse Now" and "Full Metal Jacket" they decided for me- Cav Scout. :9mm:

I think 03 is describing close to what I think of you. I'd tell you to fark off but you'd likely grab your neighbor's goat.... :avi:

Last edited:
I sent Redleg the she'et she sent me. Hopefully he'll resolve our problem for us before 03 goes psychotic on her....

I would have sent it to redleg, but I don;t want to spread that crap any thicker on the bread than it already is.

And the only reason I haven't gone psychotic like 03 does by now is I'm trying really hard not to get a temp ban for what I would say and do.

You hate war? Yippie Skippie for you babesvet! Lemme ask you a question.

Who hates war more than anyone else?

THE SOLDIERS, MARINES, SAILORS, and AIRMEN who have to fight that war........

So take your lame azz moveon.org crap down the road.

You hate war? Yippie Skippie for you babesvet! Lemme ask you a question.

Who hates war more than anyone else?

THE SOLDIERS, MARINES, SAILORS, and AIRMEN who have to fight that war........

So take your lame azz moveon.org crap down the road.

Back