Army Personnel leisure time/Travel to Iraq

Hi Everyone.

I have a few questions that could probably best be answered by Army personnel and people affiliated with an Army. I see in recent news that the city of Ramadi in Iraq was recently liberated from ISIS. Being that Fallujah is on the way to Ramadi, I could assume that Fallujah has the same status as Ramadi. I proposed to some friends that we go to Iraq for a week holiday. We would fly into Baghdad then rent a car and drive to Fallujah and Ramadi. Judging from the distance from Baghdad, those cities are within driving distance and could be done during a day trip.
Also, I know that Army personnel have days off when they are on base. Can they take their weekend off, leave base, and spend the weekend in Baghdad? In civilian clothes, of course.

As Army people, what do you think about my idea?

You clearly are not very aware of what's going on over there.
Me, personally, I don't think that's a very good idea. But it's your life, you do what you want.

Hi Everyone.

I have a few questions that could probably best be answered by Army personnel and people affiliated with an Army. I see in recent news that the city of Ramadi in Iraq was recently liberated from ISIS. Being that Fallujah is on the way to Ramadi, I could assume that Fallujah has the same status as Ramadi. I proposed to some friends that we go to Iraq for a week holiday. We would fly into Baghdad then rent a car and drive to Fallujah and Ramadi. Judging from the distance from Baghdad, those cities are within driving distance and could be done during a day trip.
Also, I know that Army personnel have days off when they are on base. Can they take their weekend off, leave base, and spend the weekend in Baghdad? In civilian clothes, of course.

When in country...no we don't get "holiday".

So yo want to go to Ramadi and Fallujah...do you also plan on getting kidnapped and ransomed or beheaded? Because you would definitely be in danger of that...on top of the roadside bombs, rockets and mortars, and armed soldiers/militia with itchy trigger fingers on the dozens of checkpoints you would endure along the way...yeah, this is a brilliant idea!

Hi Everyone.

I think your idea is a borderline to insanity. Why not take a trip with your friends to a beer festival in Germany instead? A trip with a woman? Nothing beats Rome or Milan. Switzerland works pretty well too, the scenery is amazing.

DiscoverPlatinum, don't let him kid you like that. That's so mean! Hell yeah they go on vacations in country. Guided big game hunting trips in Hindu Kush, water-skiing in Sadiyah, with a final Texas-style pig roast in Ramadi.

Honestly kid, you don't even watch the main-steam-mush on CNN, do ya?

Ramadi and Fallujah is where our guys are killing and getting killed. In the name of letting you remain free. And you haven't got the common sense enough to do any research. Asking questions is just fine, but kid, come on! I don't watch the cnn schmooze and even I know those places are a bad idea for a bar mitzfah (sp?). Our guys are there to fight, not babysit a few kids looking for adventure.

When in country...no we don't get "holiday".

Hi Everyone.

This post is some kind of ridicules joke, right? As an American you'd be better off visiting N. Korea.

Back