Army or Marines

Remember21

Hi i am highly interested in join either the Army or the Marines. But i dont know wich one to join. I want to be pushed to my limits and become prepared for deployment. I also want to be in a Special Operation group and both the army and marines have one. I am pretty physically fit and work out almost daily. So thanks and i hope you guys can help me decide.

Thanks!

You're looking at it the wrong way. Its not what the Corps can do for you, its what can you do for the Corps.

I know that. But im trying to figure out wich branch i would have a better expierience in. Whether its the Army or Marines im willing to serve.

Seriously..
What does the Marines have to offer?

They can offer you the chance to be wet and cold, and in SOF you will furthermore be hungry most of the time.

The Army.
They can offer you the chance to be wet and cold, and in SOF you will be hungry as well.

None of the branches really OFFERS anything to the recruits, that´s the job of the recruiters.
They offer you stuff to get you to sign on the dotted line.

I suggest the following.
Sit down, think long and hard about what you want to do.
I don´t mean in the "I want to serve" way.
I mean in the What MOS would fit me best kind of way.
Then reserch that MOS.
IF the MOS is available in both branches THEN the question of wich to join will be relevant (depending on carreer opurtunities and so on and forth..

Simple advice: Do your own thinking and research first, THEN ask questions.

Hi i am highly interested in join either the Army or the Marines. But i dont know wich one to join. I want to be pushed to my limits and become prepared for deployment. I also want to be in a Special Operation group and both the army and marines have one. I am pretty physically fit and work out almost daily. So thanks and i hope you guys can help me decide.

Thanks!

The first step is to make sure you meet the qualifications to one or the other (or both) then from there you will know if you have the options of making a decision. From there look at the different programs and the criteria for acceptance in the special forces. Once you do all your homework the answer will come to you.

Just a side note

I just returned from Parris Island basic marine corps graduation. I had a female cousin graduating. Let me tell you very proud of her. Before she left for basic we had a long conversation as I am like an older mentor to her. My question was why the marines why not the navy or airforce for you a female. She said if I am going to do it then I want to do the hardest one. Man she sure did shock the entire family she finished and her platoon won all the awards for basic except for the opening inspection. There were 7 platoons 5 male and 2 female. Out of the platoons during the crucible 17 males had to quit for various reasons and not 1 female quit.

So to your question you have to decide what you want to do. Everyone has their personal reasons as did my cousin hers was to do the hardest.

She started her weapons school today in N.C. and in five weeks off to job training.

join the Marine Corps if you want special forces. Our Recon is like the Navy Seals and is way better than any special force in the Army

Haha..well not laughing in bad way man...Marines..they will push you..go to youtube and type in "Ears Open Eyeballs Click"

Dont let that scare you though man... And after that watch a "Army BootCamp" video.

see the difference and you really can decide..but again dont let it scare you man

like me..Special Forces is what i want..so Marine Corps..anti-terrorism is what im looking at..so the MOS for that is..Security Forces..

you really just gotta do what you want most man..noone but you can decide..

yeah i would do Recon..but i really have to get into shape..i think im barely in shape for MCSF......

can soomone answer this for me..

Where is MCSecurity Force school at and how long is it>?

what is the ASVAB score requirement?> and what are the Fitness requirements?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha..well not laughing in bad way man...Marines..they will push you..go to youtube and type in "Ears Open Eyeballs Click"

Dont let that scare you though man... And after that watch a "Army BootCamp" video.

see the difference and you really can decide..but again dont let it scare you man

like me..Special Forces is what i want..so Marine Corps..anti-terrorism is what im looking at..so the MOS for that is..Security Forces..

you really just gotta do what you want most man..noone but you can decide..

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Watching Video's dosen't prepare you for anything.

2. Marine Security Forces none if it are tier level assets in the SOF Community.

3.READ THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE

If someone told me about the stuff in the RoK Marines before I joined, I wouldn't have believed him.
When I tell some newer Army people, they think I'm joking. Army old timers though, can relate to it somewhat.

i never said it would prepare you.// all it does is give a sense of what it can and may be like..

my guess is thats why they show that to u in...San Diego bootcamp

i know that just cas i had a freind tell me..

Shut up and do what the MSG tells you to.

No I don´t want a "Roger" on this post.
No I don´t care what your "buddy" tells you.
No I don´t want your opinions..

//KJ.

Back