Army or Marines?

how do you know what army isnt a challenge you havent been there.

And of course it dependse on your physical performence.

RnderSafe said:
Wrong. Infantry is infantry, Army or Marines - during a war, doesn't matter who you are with, you are going to be on the "front lines." I suggest you think long and hard about that "front line combat experience" you desire. If you are simply looking for some "action", go out to south central LA and shout racial slurs. You may want to think long and hard about your reasons.

But how often are we in a major war? I was referring to the fact that the Marines are sent in on peacekeeping missions all around the world. And those happen many times a year where as we have a war like Iraq once every ten years, and quite a few of the troops over there are National Guard units, because we don't have enough troops and they are being spread to thin.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful to any Army people, but lets face it, the Marines are much more physically challenging, while the Army is starting to get more technical the Marinse still rely on brute strength alot more than the Army does. I play sports in High School, I work out for those sports, we have had several people go from High School sports to the Marines, they said they trained harder for sports than they did for the Marines. So they still may not be much of a challenge there, but I doubt it.

Join the branch that you want the most. It seems like even though Rnder has made it clear both are a fine choice, you want to hear, "join the Marines." So join em'. You obviously want it more.

Any good Soldier with a sense of history admires and respects the Marines. After all:

1. We still owe them for Korea - Pusan Perimeter in particular.

2. They save us from having to go to sea - with the Navy anyway. :)

What it really comes down to is:

1. What do you want to do - what appeals most to you?

2. How much do you like the sea? Let's face it - not many US Army units go on floats for 6 to 8 months or do regular rotations as amphibious troops.

Eh, just do 'em both! :lol:
Join one and if you don't like it then after your enlistment is up join the other one. That's what I'm doing. I have a year and a half left in this enlistment and as soon as I'm out of the AF I'm going into the Marines.

The AF has this really snazzy thing going on right now called the Blue to Green program. Interesting things I tell ya.

Damien435 said:
And I don't mean to be disrespectful to any Army people, but lets face it, the Marines are much more physically challenging, while the Army is starting to get more technical the Marinse still rely on brute strength alot more than the Army does. I play sports in High School, I work out for those sports, we have had several people go from High School sports to the Marines, they said they trained harder for sports than they did for the Marines. So they still may not be much of a challenge there, but I doubt it.

You aren't being disrespectful, you're being ignorant. Let's face it, you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. Instead of stating how you assume things are, you need to ask.

As I have already said, infantry is infantry - it is a tough life.

Go to a recruiter, get some information and make your decision. Quit making excuses for choosing one over the other, they both have much to offer and both have their challenges.

Yes sir it is!
They are offering AF individuals the chance to join the Army as long as they can meet Army physical standards and some other stuff. It has to do with the force re-shaping.

Marine Corps. When they put you through infantry training, it ain't no frikin joke. And you have the honor of being on of the Few and the Proud!

I'd say join the Marines cus they are the best, but I'm bias. ;)

You should talk to recruiters from both branches, and then after you learned a bit about both the Army and Marines fallow your gut, do what you feel you'll be happy with. Or you will not be making a carreer out of the military if you know what I'm saying.

RnderSafe said:
If you are simply looking for some "action", go out to south central LA and shout racial slurs. You may want to think long and hard about your reasons.

:lol: That's a great post.

I am bias too, so I would say go Marines. Also, from the comments in the original post here it sounds like you want the maines more anyway. I gotta say infantry is infantry no matter how you look at it. Go to the recruiters, tell them this is what you are doin. "I am lookin to make a choice and this is what I have narrowed it to, Army vs. Marines and I want to see what you both have to offer." They will not look down on you but they will both put on their best show for you. Then you can make a choice from that.

go army

go army, you'll get guaranteed it, you might not in the marines.

just to let everyone know, i changed my mos from 89D to 11X (Airborne Ranger) guaranteed, just to let you know, oh yea, 7k sign on bonus... do you even get a sign on bonus in the marines, i dont think so.

Marines...

I am very biased too and would say the Marines. You can get a signing bonus in the Corps too, just depends on where and what is required at the time of enlistment or reenlistment.

I am sorry if I am being biased against the Army, but the Marines have been trying harder to get me to join, and their is more pride in saying that I am a Marine as opposed to I am in the Army, not be mean to any Army people, I respect anybody from the Military, they are putting their lives on the line so I can live a safe life right here in the middle of the US of A.

wow

Ok your looking for a little go get'm push to the marines hey its all good . Both are infantry, have good and bad points,have guns,and are on the front line. its all a personal decision yeah the video for the marines show them cussing you out and making you feel sub-human . But let me tell yeah being degraded in a nice normal tone of voice without cussing and the you dun screwed up expression gave me the warm fuzzy so look at the benefits and the quality of life and what you want to do and make the choice hooah.

Re: go army

trigger said:
go army, you'll get guaranteed it, you might not in the marines.

just to let everyone know, i changed my mos from 89D to 11X (Airborne Ranger) guaranteed, just to let you know, oh yea, 7k sign on bonus... do you even get a sign on bonus in the marines, i dont think so.

Better be an Option 40 attached to that 11X or you aren't getting anything but infantry. You aren't guaranteed to become a Ranger, all you are promised is a chance to pass RIP, btw.

Well, we might as well let this thread die, I started filling out Enlistment papers for the Army today, well technically yesterday since it is 4 AM, anyways, I plan on going infantry, probably Rangers, I will have to talk to some counselor guy who will basically listen to me for 15 mintues and know what I should be doing, I am not exactly sure how that works out. So, anyways, by this time next year I should be off to basic.

Gunner13 said:
2. They save us from having to go to sea - with the Navy anyway. :)

What it really comes down to is:

1. What do you want to do - what appeals most to you?

2. How much do you like the sea? Let's face it - not many US Army units go on floats for 6 to 8 months or do regular rotations as amphibious troops.

It is always fun to be attached to a carrier and have your bunks located near the catapult, you get used to the "KaThunk" and "sprish" sounds after awhile and actually can get some sleep. Good training for Atry baraages... :lol:

Back