Army or Marines?

I want to join to the military but i have ad oubt i don't know i could join without being a resident or citizen. Do you know?

I want to join to the military but i have ad oubt i don't know i could join without being a resident or citizen. Do you know?

I believe that is possible, as I know a Master Chief who is Filipino and joined before getting his citizenship, but you'll want to talk to a real recruiter for more information and specifics.

I believe that is possible, as I know a Master Chief who is Filipino and joined before getting his citizenship, but you'll want to talk to a real recruiter for more information and specifics.

Oh oh, I know, I know!

You have to be a legal US resident (green card holder) to enlist in the US military. That means you don't have to be a citizen yet, but you have to be legal in the US. There will also be a few jobs you can't have because they require a clearance, secret and above. But that'll still leave some pretty good choices until you get your citizenship.

To be an officer you've got to have your citizenship.

I believe there's a special case for Filipinos joining the US Navy. Dunno if that's just an old law though.. it used to be there I'm sure.

I believe there's a special case for Filipinos joining the US Navy. Dunno if that's just an old law though.. it used to be there I'm sure.

That came about back in the 40s from the Military Bases Agreement, but in '92 they closed the recruiting stations and stopped taking them (they were only allowing about 400 a year in since the 70s anyway).

Title 10 makes it a requirement for immigrants to hold a green card to enlist in the US military.

Back