Army or Marines? - Page 11

--

March 29th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Hmmm I can't find I typed that anywhere.
And I only added the last paragraph in the edit.
Geez. Did I really write that?
I gotta get out of Korea man...

I think it was meant "tongue in cheek".
March 29th, 2007  
bulldogg

Just a bit o' humor.
April 3rd, 2007  
Duty Honor Country

all 5 Army or Marine threads have been merged into one. Please conduct a search before posting a new thread.

Doody
--
May 3rd, 2007  
gabby

I want to join to the military but i have ad oubt i don't know i could join without being a resident or citizen. Do you know?
May 3rd, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby
I want to join to the military but i have ad oubt i don't know i could join without being a resident or citizen. Do you know?
If you birth in America, then that shouldn't problem.
May 4th, 2007  
Easy-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
all 5 Army or Marine threads have been merged into one. Please conduct a search before posting a new thread.

Doody
What thread is that? I'll go look for it but could you give me a link?
May 4th, 2007  
gabby

In America? what do you mean? You mean in Mexico or something like that?
May 4th, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
In America? what do you mean? You mean in Mexico or something like that?
Did you birth in the United States of America? If so, you can join the military if you wants to.
May 5th, 2007  
chronoserpent

Quote:
I believe that is possible, as I know a Master Chief who is Filipino and joined before getting his citizenship, but you'll want to talk to a real recruiter for more information and specifics.
May 5th, 2007  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoserpent
I believe that is possible, as I know a Master Chief who is Filipino and joined before getting his citizenship, but you'll want to talk to a real recruiter for more information and specifics.
Oh oh, I know, I know!

You have to be a legal US resident (green card holder) to enlist in the US military. That means you don't have to be a citizen yet, but you have to be legal in the US. There will also be a few jobs you can't have because they require a clearance, secret and above. But that'll still leave some pretty good choices until you get your citizenship.

To be an officer you've got to have your citizenship.