Army going Marines...?

USMC to Army

I went from the USMC to USA I haven't regretted anything, I honor both services. Each has it's downfalls and positive, mostly it's what you make it. Maybe you might want to switch you MOS in the Green Machine, 11B is a great MOS, but my favorite was Tanks, 19K, 50 tons under your ass is a great feeling.

I looked into this myself once upon a type. I worked in an office that had both Marines and Army in it. I rather liked the un-PC attitude I saw and made some inquiries. Two things dissuaded me:

1) I would have lost a pay grade. I worked too long and two hard to make E-5, wasn't going to happen.

2) I would have to go to USMC boot camp. Not saying I couldn't have done it. However, I had had a 8 year break in service prior to the current WTS programme came into effect and have done Basic with the Army twice. No way was I going to go back through Basic Training a third time.

Anyway, this was back in '03 when I looked into it, things may have changed since. (Oh, also, you'll have to be discharged from the Army-research the heck out of this first before you make any final decisions of course)

I think you need to change your MOS. I've been in the Army since 2001 and every unit I've served in had its' sh!t together more or less. Of course there were douche bags that I would have gladly seen get chaptered, but hey, I'm sure the Corps is no different in that respect. Ultimately, it's up to you. I grew up in a Marine house hold and have several very good Marine buddies. I must admit that I think that there is a thing or two the Army could learn from the Marine Corps. On the reverse note, there is also a thing or two they could learn from us. Marines are essentially shock troops, they have that no bs killer mindset. They have to, their primary mission is to take beaches opposed or unopposed. No easy task. But they are not in the fight(traditionally) for the long haul. That's where we come in. They are expeditionary by nature, the Army, not so much, yet when the Army does show up, it's big.

As for the training going to crap, I said the same thing in 2005 while I was an AIT instructor at Sill as I'm sure all the soldiers who joined 5-10 years before me said the same thing about my training. Fact is, anyone who has been in the Army OR Marines for more than a day knows that initial entry training is a cakewalk compared to actual unit training, and even easier when compared to a deployment.

I wanted to enlist in the Marines, but because of the recruiter that seemed more interested in me than enlisting me I went to the Army side. I can say I am proud for being a soldier.l do not regret that I didn't become a Marine even though I respect them as well as my chosen branch. I think pride is within one self and how we perceive ourselves. I did not want to look pretty or sexy in my uniform I wanted to look like a soldier and respected as one. So a matter of respect and pride is in how we feel in what we do in life and how well we do it.

I wanted to enlist in the Marines, but because of the recruiter that seemed more interested in me than enlisting me I went to the Army side. I can say I am proud for being a soldier.l do not regret that I didn't become a Marine even though I respect them as well as my chosen branch. I think pride is within one self and how we perceive ourselves. I did not want to look pretty or sexy in my uniform I wanted to look like a soldier and respected as one. So a matter of respect and pride is in how we feel in what we do in life and how well we do it.

welcome to the military........... oh, by the way

148.gif

thSnickering11.gif

My truck looked so good in camo, I nearly married it! :tank::horsie:

Army Basic is a joke, they give out stress cards now and even let them us cellphones sometimes or take them to subway for being good....
....But I also noticed everytime we got new privates they started to go from squared away to just **** it attitudes. I guess maybe when they got rid of drill sgts in AIT things wernt enforced and they gained that **** you I dont care attitude.

'Stress cards...????' Jeez that's sad.

Back