Army going Marines...?

Fark all this long winded , philosphocial ****.

You wanna be a Marine? Freakin enlist. Cut and dried no yada, yada yada, blah blah blah balh from people who ain't been in the USMC.

Will Recruit Training Suck?
Yes....hard.
But it's your choice.

The hell with all this observation BS.

Fark all this long winded , philosphocial ****.

You wanna be a Marine? Freakin enlist. Cut and dried no yada, yada yada, blah blah blah balh from people who ain't been in the USMC.

Will Recruit Training Suck?
Yes....hard.
But it's your choice.

The hell with all this observation BS.
LOL thank you 03USMC, I dont know why people are trying to persuade me or saying I need a attitude adjustment. I tried the Army and the Army isnt for me, will the Marine Corp be for me??? IDK but I am willing to find out. If I wanted easy I would have joined the Air Force, I have no problem getting 290's or 300's on my APFT.
And as far as this maybe I need to move to a different unit thing, Ive been stationed at 3 different duty stations. Ive been in a few different units and this is a Army wide problem.
All I asked in this thread is information for prior service going into the USMC. I know there is a difference between prior and first time enlisting thats why I asked since Im sure this topic has been brought up before.

And as far as this maybe I need to move to a different unit thing, Ive been stationed at 3 different duty stations. Ive been in a few different units and this is a Army wide problem.

Army wide problem or a pogue problem? In my Army discipline doesn't exist in pogue units but it is still strong in Infantry.

LOL thank you 03USMC, I dont know why people are trying to persuade me or saying I need a attitude adjustment. I tried the Army and the Army isnt for me, will the Marine Corp be for me??? IDK but I am willing to find out. If I wanted easy I would have joined the Air Force, I have no problem getting 290's or 300's on my APFT.
All I asked in this thread is information for prior service going into the USMC. I know there is a difference between prior and first time enlisting thats why I asked since Im sure this topic has been brought up before.

Trying to persuade you? I doubt anyone here could care less what you actually do, I mean, I don't. I do think your attitude is that of a star struck teenager and I think instead of fixing your situation now, you're running from it thinking the grass will be greener. It won't be, but you'll have to learn that on your own.

Big boy rules, if you don't want to hear it, don't ask the question.

Maybe you shouldn't have picked a soft skill MOS? I've been impressed by the young infantrymen I've seen out on the battlefield. Rangers are still, well, Rangers only with longer hair and SF seems to be making it even with the 18X program. Army EOD guys are always solid and locked on and I've even seen some ARNG MP units that had more discipline than an active infantry unit. So saying it's the whole Army is a little broad. It really is unit, maybe a little MOS, and leadership dependent. Sucks you got bad units .. but it happens.

Oh, and if you didn't want the easy way, you wouldn't have joined the military at all. Remember that. It's a lot harder to survive in the civilian world than in the military. Besides, my Airmen would make you look like a 4 year old little girl strength and fitness wise. :mrgreen:

So, like I said before, it's very doubtful the Corps will take you, even the Army is turning prior service away right now. Economy and all, make sure your ducks are in a row before you jump ship completely. Ie, call a recruiter when your ETS gets close and talk to him, find out current policy, what MOSes are open, etc.

Good luck in whatever.

To everybody else, why the pissing contest? Marine Corps boot camp, Army basic training ... they are initial entry training, folks. They aren't advanced combat training or advanced skills. Neither are hard if you look at the standards and if you compare the standards today to yesterday, it always looks easier. Anyone that says any basic military training is hard after it's over should probably stick to typing up my DD-214 anyway. So chill out, guys.

And if you don't really have first hand knowledge on US training standards for either service; chill out too ... you won't have a dog in that fight anyway.

Now, everyone hug.

Last edited:
I'm 16 and plan on joining th Marines right outa high school. I also had a step-dad that was a former-Marine. He was actually a Drill-Instructer. He was the biggest hard-ass I ever knew. The parents recently divorced and it left mixed feelings between me and them. What I'm trying to say is that for each one(Army or Marines) You do have to have certain mindset. I have an Uncle in-law who is in the Army in Afganistan. I saw him for Christmas and he was under the opinion that yes Marines are more serious about the whole honor, commitment, service and such. All of that has to do your MINDSET

That's a negative on the hug. I will standby though. Thanks for the words of wisdom though.

to be blunt the corps boot camp hast turned soft i expected a lot more when i joined and yes you may have some trouble joining the corps due to the fact that we are way over filled right now and if you do get in dont expect the mos u want the corps picks it for you just pray you dont get artillery any who, the pft is pullups min of 3 max of 20 (5 pts each) crunches min 45 max 100 (1 pt each) and a 3 mile run min 18 min. max 23 min (minus 1 point every 10 sec.) and the cft is in boots and utes there is an 880 meeter sprint followed by a circut corse

to be blunt the corps boot camp hast turned soft i expected a lot more when i joined and yes you may have some trouble joining the corps due to the fact that we are way over filled right now and if you do get in dont expect the mos u want the corps picks it for you just pray you dont get artillery any who, the pft is pullups min of 3 max of 20 (5 pts each) crunches min 45 max 100 (1 pt each) and a 3 mile run min 18 min. max 23 min (minus 1 point every 10 sec.) and the cft is in boots and utes there is an 880 meeter sprint followed by a circut corse
Recruit Training is structured to produce a basic Marine...period end of sentence. It is structured to produce a Marine that can function as a Basic (non-professional) Rifleman and half ass wear the uniform correctly and not keel over and die on a reasonable march, run or drown if introduced to water . Thats it. Nothing more nothing less. BASIC MARINE.

Different MOS have different training and different requirements and expectations. Infantry expects you to hack everything short of the direct hit of a tac-nuke or eboli. Arty expects different, Supply wants you to count etc.

From what I know of the Army (and considering I have very little time in the Army), and then considering the sources (NCOs, a Cpt. and an LTC), I'd say stay in the Army. Whenever the USMC finds themselves in trouble, it's either the Army or the Air Force that bails them out.

Why does the Air Force always wanna hug? I find that creepy.
Jealousy....jealousy! :love:

LOL! j/k! :pirate2:

Yeah, so since Delta Force and Rangers were bailed out by the 10th Mountain Division and the Pakistanis and Malays, I guess this means that 10th Mountain and the Pakistani and Malay troops are UBER L337 and would whip Delta and Rangers any day!!!!!

From what I know of the Army (and considering I have very little time in the Army), and then considering the sources (NCOs, a Cpt. and an LTC), I'd say stay in the Army. Whenever the USMC finds themselves in trouble, it's either the Army or the Air Force that bails them out.

Jealousy....jealousy! :love:

LOL! j/k! :pirate2:

Bwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Making fun of someone is great sport as long as you're not on the receiving end. One of my favorite passtimes.

Is this the group hug everyone is talkin' about? :love:

Count me out. I think I'm busy that day.:shock:

Back