Army Berets

simpsjr

I was just wondering if someone could point me to a Beret SOP or something like it. I am prior service and re-enlisting and don't want to show up not knowing how to wear my head gear. I'd really appreciate any help. :rambo:

Army Reg 670.1

Make sure you find someone to show you how to shape and shave it, don't want to walk around with Pizza boy beret like so many. *grumble*

berets

well, that's the thing, everyone i know in the army is in iraq right now. anyone know a site or anything???

beret

ok found the guide on how to wear it, but i guess what i'm really looking for is tips on how to shape and shave it.

Maybe it's :eek:fftopic: but why did the Army switch everyone to berets? I think it looks kinda dumb. And it sort of takes away from the eliteness of the Rangers and Green Berets.

silent driller said:
Maybe it's :eek:fftopic: but why did the Army switch everyone to berets? I think it looks kinda dumb. And it sort of takes away from the eliteness of the Rangers and Green Berets.

Actually, I don't really know, but I bet someone thought that if they switched it would raise morale for the rest of the Army. It makes about as much sense as them Army of One commercials.

silent driller said:

Hardly, and green berets have never been elite, they are hats.

RnderSafe said:
silent driller said:

Hardly, and green berets have never been elite, they are hats.
I don't know about the US, but here "Green Berets" is a (nick)name for an elite unit. Now they want to change the standard beret colour for all Army units into green, and started a nice discussion here.
Side one: "Only 'green berets' should ware green berets."
Side two: "It's a different colour green, so it doesn't matter."
The things people worry about.....
Btw. The people who object always seem to be non "green berets" themselves. Strange how that works....

In Canada, berets are actually standard issue to every branch (with the exception of JTF2, maybe) of the CF. The Army wears green berets on a regular basis, the AF wears blue berets either a) in Combats, or b) in work dress, and the Navy wears black berets when in their work dress.

yes

Yeah we have them as standart here two. We have diffrent colored ones for each core, and even for some brigades(golani has brown, givati purple).

I was in position once to take Peace Keeping beret(not from a dead guy but from a friend)the blue one.

ours show in wich branch of the army you are
green-rangers, panzergrenadiere
bordeaux- airborne
black-tankers, armored reccon
red- artillery, air defense, logistics, engineers, MP, ABC, communications, army aviation
blue-medics

In Spain is:

Dark red: First Infantry Regiment
Light Blue: Airborne
Green: GOES (Green Berets)
And Black (First Mechanized Division, Sixth Airborne Brigade)
The Legion wears a distintive hat called 'chapiri'

I wear a Black Beret... :)

Back