Army Berets

--

April 23rd, 2004  
simpsjr

Topic: Army Berets

I was just wondering if someone could point me to a Beret SOP or something like it. I am prior service and re-enlisting and don't want to show up not knowing how to wear my head gear. I'd really appreciate any help.
April 24th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Army Reg 670.1

Make sure you find someone to show you how to shape and shave it, don't want to walk around with Pizza boy beret like so many. *grumble*
April 24th, 2004  
Pollux

lol
oh yes.......
the pizza boys.....
--
April 24th, 2004  
simpsjr

Topic: berets

well, that's the thing, everyone i know in the army is in iraq right now. anyone know a site or anything???
April 24th, 2004  
simpsjr

Topic: beret

ok found the guide on how to wear it, but i guess what i'm really looking for is tips on how to shape and shave it.
April 24th, 2004  
simpsjr

Topic: ok

ok, nevermind found a link.
May 19th, 2004  
silent driller

Maybe it's but why did the Army switch everyone to berets? I think it looks kinda dumb. And it sort of takes away from the eliteness of the Rangers and Green Berets.
May 19th, 2004  
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Maybe it's but why did the Army switch everyone to berets? I think it looks kinda dumb. And it sort of takes away from the eliteness of the Rangers and Green Berets.
Actually, I don't really know, but I bet someone thought that if they switched it would raise morale for the rest of the Army. It makes about as much sense as them Army of One commercials.
May 19th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Hardly, and green berets have never been elite, they are hats.
May 19th, 2004  
Pollux

i wear a greenberet..