Army Berets

Black is army color on my opinion,but only for berets or spec. suits
well i guess i'm going off topic now. :oops:

if i am not mistaken the green beret in the U.S. army refer to the "Delta Force" the elite of the elite!

GreggK said:
if i am not mistaken the green beret in the U.S. army refer to the "Delta Force" the elite of the elite!

No, all Special Forces wear the green beret. Be they with 5th group, USASOC, or SFOD-D. And it is never a good idea to call an SF soldier a "green beret," it can, and has ended up in ugly physical damage. :D

GreggK said:

No, the green beret is the headgear worn by the Army Special Forces.

I like seeing all of the pogues walking around in berets that look like ass. It makes me feel so much more elite.

RNGR-Tan
ABN-Maroon
SF-Green
Everyone else-Black
JROTC-whatever color they want because they are the most high speed, low drag, teflon coated, steely eyed, bullet men out there.

here's a synonym-REMF. A Rear Echelon Mo Frackey is a bad soldier who has a chip on his/her soldier and acts like the world owes them something. They enjoy sh*tting on joe just because they can. They can make your ife HELL. A pissed off pac clerk can screw you over nine ways of sunday. A person in the rear with the gear. Not all support personnel are REMFs and pogues though. There are some great guys out there I have been privledged enough to know a few. My buddy SPC B. 88M, one of the best guys i have ever met.

The reason given for all the army to wear the beret was from Gen Shinseki. He said through the current deployment of the army we are all elite and elite soldiers don the beret. Why they took them from the rangers? Iono, but thats what the Gen said to make happen and it did. I think now the beret is being considered only for class A's and the Bdu cap or patrol cap or whatever its called this month will return. I hope so anyway. The beret does nothing to help with the sun and the BDU cap doesnt have to be shaped so lazy soldiers wont make something that was taken from an elite unit and make it look bad.

Wearing berets will be "another step towards achieving the capabilities of the Objective Force," Shinseki said, refering to the high-tech Army of the future he hopes to launch.

"It is time for the entire Army to accept the challenge of excellence that has so long been a hallmark of our special operations and airborne units," he said. "When we wear the black beret, it will say that we, the soldiers of the world's best army, are committed to making ourselves even better."

It is about our excellence as Soldiers, our unity as a force, and our values as an institution.

Effective 14 June 2001, the first Army birthday in the new millennium, the black beret will become standard wear in The Army--Active and Reserve Components.

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cach...m+Shinseki+black+beret&hl=en&start=3&ie=UTF-8

Mainly, he just wanted to make big Army feel good about themselves. Not realising our soliders aren't so stupid enough to think a beret is going to make their lives, service and work any better or easier.

Essentially, all this did was piss off the Ranger Regt and make several soldiers feel as if they had done something wrong for having to wear it.

The decision was made before 9/11 and the Global War on Terror, so there are bigger things to focus and complain about, but it is still a sore point and will continue to be for many for a very long time.

Though I think we can all agree it looks dumb, does anyone think the other branches will adopt it?

lil Lt said:
Though I think we can all agree it looks dumb, does anyone think the other branches will adopt it?

The beret looks "dumb?" No, I do not think we all can agree if that is what you meant. (If shaped and shaved properly.) They are not, however, very practical.

Come on, everyone knows thaty berets are the most practical headgear EVER. The colors blend in so well, the keep the elements off of your head and out of your face, and they can stop small caliber bullets. Thats why I love them so much.

1217 said:
I'm sorry, I know it's :eek:fftopic: but what's a pogue? :?

a pogue is a sh*tbag. He does not know what he's doing, and is disgustingly lazy. Lacks motivation, too. I have it as my username as a joke.

simmilar term:
poguey-bait : candy.

Back