Army Airborne

FutureMedic

Could anyone post some information about getting into the Army Airborne Division and becoming a paratrooper?

army airborne isnt too spectacular, every average joe can go to jump school.
If your gonna enlist focus on somthing more tangible to you in the future man.

as a doctor though jump school isnt somthing your gonna get much chance for once comissioned your gonna live inside a BAS or hospital and wont have the time for jumo school id say from what Ive seen atleast,

as a doctor though jump school isnt somthing your gonna get much chance for once comissioned your gonna live inside a BAS or hospital and wont have the time for jumo school id say from what Ive seen atleast,

I am going to enlist after high school then after my contract is up, I am going to go to college then med school on the Army, then I will dutifully serve until my days end.

couldn't he be a combat medic in one of the Airborne units until he goes to college and med school?

Either way, after he's gone to see the recruiter I hope you guys help him out here because you know just how "honest" recruiters can be.
Isn't there some sort of contract he can bring home to review? This would be a good place for current and ex US military people to help him out. See if the recruiter's trying to screw him over. Apparently this happens A LOT.

fine, start running. work your way up to about 6 miles. make sure you can do situps and pushups. for your age, 80 or each in two minutes is a good goal. you can find some good PT references from the army online.

couldn't he be a combat medic in one of the Airborne units until he goes to college and med school?

Either way, after he's gone to see the recruiter I hope you guys help him out here because you know just how "honest" recruiters can be.
Isn't there some sort of contract he can bring home to review? This would be a good place for current and ex US military people to help him out. See if the recruiter's trying to screw him over. Apparently this happens A LOT.

Only reason I say this is because the army pulls longer deployments right now, and medics are needed. Hell Im not even in the army and Ive worked as medical support for them before. Once you go general enlisted like that the chances of you staying in garrison long enough to finish any college for medical school is slim. Because lets face it medical school is competitive, you have to keep the good grades in order to be competitve on your MCATS. So this job route is a bit more difficult in the field of getting prep work done for medical school.

I know the simple stuff you can do online, math is math and english is english but the job specific stuff like labs it gets harder. Then you run into the accredidation problems if you want to go to a high end medical school.. its just a very meticulous path alot of people start off wanting but dont realize exactly how much is invloved.

I think what he means though is that he'll leave at the end of his enlistment and then go to college and med school. If I'm not mistaken.

You might want to check up on that because the GI Bill ain't what it used to be but then again I met a few people who walked down the path you want to walk down. My wife knows them. I'll ask her and see if I can get their contact information or something. Then again I don't think she knows them well. Just an acquaintance most likely. But I'll ask.

I'll see if I can "convince" a recruiter to talk to me about it. He will prolly sugar coat it but at least I would get an idea.

as i was saying, jump school isnt that hard to get into. Your wanting to be infantry then your probably gonna end up there anyway. Medical and support included.

I think you mean 68W combat medic. There is no guarantee that you will be tasked to an infantry unit, but they're not the only ones who need medics downrange (i.e. engineers, armor, cav, mech inf, scouts, etc.)

Back