Army Airborne

I think you mean 68W combat medic. There is no guarantee that you will be tasked to an infantry unit, but they're not the only ones who need medics downrange (i.e. engineers, armor, cav, mech inf, scouts, etc.)

this is true no matter what branch, you could man a battalion aid station... branch clinic... be with a POG unit altogether and never see infantry unless you go IA. Kinda the luck of the draw in some cases.

Go to your recuiter and ask for an Airborne slot in your contract, thats if you haven't signed. If you really want to be with infantry then ask for an Opt.40 in your contract. That will get you Airborne and RIP. I am going to be a 68W and once I complete both schools I will be an Airborne Ranger, I can almost be positive that that I will be with an Infantry unit. Ask or the Opt. 40, if you have any question just PM me.
Nate

We have a few medics in my Troop and they are expected to function as a 11b/19d. Go to the recruiter and demand airborne, it is pretty simple actually.

Last edited:
We had S1 guys, LTCs, Naval Commanders, Marine Recon, SF guys in the Q course, bullet counters, and bullet throwers. Your MOS doesnt really matter as all divisions need their support personnel to go where they go and technically be able to follow them into an AO.

my advice is stick with it, maybe try finding someone who's been there and done that and talking with them. and if your grades are good and you keep it up you should be able to acheive anything.

13th dont read this teach!

unlike me, who Jack around in high school and now as a senior wished i would of put more effort into my grades. :(

Back