Army 11B information

ArmyStrong

Hope everyone is doing well wanted to start this off with a little thank you to all my and America's brothers in arms and those who once fought and to the ones who are fighting now HooaH! I'm currently waiting to leave for basic training ill arrive in Ft. Benning as a PFC with my MOS as 11x (hopefully 11B) very soon, I had a couple questions was hoping someone can help me out..

Soo I am scheduled for a 14 week basic witch involves some AIT in it and im gonna go ahead and assume ill be in the 198th brigade,, i've done my research, but only because they're the only ones who stay 14 weeks, I am wondering if anyone has any idea or opinon on where im going to be stationed.. And I wanted some helpfull tips as well from my former infantry men who have been threw my basic im about to endure.. In other words what the hell am I to expect mentally, I am in shape physically but the mental part is gonna be a toughy... I am looking to go airborne and eventually I want to go threw ranger school. But thats also every other kids dreams.. I am cannot wait to serve my country and make my family proud... Thanks everyone

I'm going to move this to another section to increase your chances of answers. There are a few 11 Bang Bang's running around here.

As for the specific 11 Bang bang questions I will defer to the SME,s on the subject that are no doubt around.
Most of my time has been spent in smaller units and I have very little understanding of the uses of the big green machine.

What I WILL say is this.
I don´t care what unit/country you are going to/are from.
Basic training is just that, basic.
It is not designed to make you fail.
It is designed to help you un**** yourself enough to be taught a military profession.
Stay alert, always put out and do your best and you will do just fine.

Good luck with your choosen career path.

KJ sends..

Thank you everyone.. And I understand that basic training is going to be hell im honestly looking forward to it thanks again!

It's not hell. Trust me. You're making it much bigger than it actually is. Keep your mouth shut, your ears open, and do exactly as they tell you and you will be fine. Start running too. You will be doing a lot of it.

The Hooah BS has got to go too...you'll see what I mean in time.

Last edited:
Believe in yourself. If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. From the moment you wake up each day, focus on what you want to achieve and get motivated to succeed. Motivation is the driving force that ultimately gets you up the mountain. To begin with it is the driving force that makes you focus. It gets you up in the morning to do gruelling workouts and training schedules. It helps you develop single mindedness of the purpose of what you are doing. Motivation creates discipline and makes you push yourself even harder. Discipline itself will come from the satisfaction and eagerness of achieving a goal, along the way in your planning and vision.

Believe in yourself. If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. From the moment you wake up each day, focus on what you want to achieve and get motivated to succeed. Motivation is the driving force that ultimately gets you up the mountain. To begin with it is the driving force that makes you focus. It gets you up in the morning to do gruelling workouts and training schedules. It helps you develop single mindedness of the purpose of what you are doing. Motivation creates discipline and makes you push yourself even harder. Discipline itself will come from the satisfaction and eagerness of achieving a goal, along the way in your planning and vision.

Wise words to follow.

STAY MOTIVATED! That really is the key to success, the rest will come with training and experience, but motivation is something you control alone. You may find yourself wondering what you have gotten yourself into a time or two during your training. Let it pass and then do what your Drill Sergeants tell you. Like I said before, listen, speak only when spoken to, be at the right place at the right time in the right uniform, and finally, BE A TEAM PLAYER. You do all of this then your OSUT will be a breeze. Deviate from this and it will become VERY painfull.

After you get to Benning you will spend 2 or 3 days or as much as 2 weeks in reception. You go down range to your training company after reception and that is where the fun begins. I went through with 2/58.

The biggest thing is going with the flow and don't be that guy. If you ever find yourself alone you are wrong. Stick with your battle buddies. Always keep your gear in a high readiness state. Make sure your weapon is always spotless. NEVER misplace your rifle or let somebody take yours from you.

Read the basic infantry booklet they give you, try to recon as much as you can about what upcoming events are and then study for them. Always do your best.

There is allot of suck going on at that place. Just push through it and drive on. Keep your eye on the target, a blue cord and the right to call yourself an Infantryman.

Thank you everyone for the great feedback. As far as training goes im already running a mile about everyday my latest time was 5:40 so I am pretty sure ill be good on that.. Thanks again

Back