Armenian.. Genocide or War?

--

April 21st, 2006  
JulesLee

Topic: Armenian.. Genocide or War?

well I think theres a post made for this but I couldnt find.. so I wanted a discussion.

I go to a school where theres alot of armenians in it, Theres alot of them in Northern Los Angeles, so my school is composed of 1/3 white 1/3 asian 1/3 armenian..

I seen many projects about the Armenian Genocide because of this.. so I only got to see one side. They did alot of protests and etc.. and I learned that they lost a big chunk of land and 1/2 the population had died.

My question is.. Where was the Armenian ARMY? Every country has a defence system.. Or were they defeated and armenia's people was in starvation, which led to a "genocide"
The Armenians want recognition of Turkey and the US that it happened and it was a genocide and they want their land back... Which prolly wont happen as US and Turkeys are allies and Armenia is a small country with very little natural resources..
As I see it, I think it was a war where the Armenians lost alot of land and civilians.. because.. wheres the armenian armies? Was it like Turkey with WW1 weapons vs armenians using their famous calvary archers? lol..
Well I only heard one side of the story so im just making assumptions heh.. I wanted to ask them that but I didnt feel it was approrpiate to say when many ppl were in a sad mood seeing those people starve etc..

If there was already a topic about this, please delete and send me the link as Im interested!
April 21st, 2006  
redcoat

It was genocide

for more info
http://www.armeniapedia.org/index.ph...enian_Genocide
April 21st, 2006  
Italian Guy

Julius, there was not such a thing as the Armenian Army as there was not such a thing as an independent Armenia at the time. Armenians were part of Turkey, only a Turkish minority.
--
April 22nd, 2006  
boris116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Julius, there was not such a thing as the Armenian Army as there was not such a thing as an independent Armenia at the time. Armenians were part of Turkey, only a Turkish minority.
A part of Armenia (Western) was (and still is!) a part of Turkey.
The Eastern part used to be in Russian Empire then in the USSR. Now it is an independent country, while very poor.
It is strange to be in the Armenian capital - Erevan and see the symbol of Armenians - Mt. Ararat on the horizon, knowing that it is ABROAD - in Turkey.

Some people who had escaped the Genocide by fleeing abroad, have migrated to France, US and to the Soviet Armenia.
The famous French singer Charles Aznavur was an Armenian.

Another interesting story related to this - in the beginning of the last Century some American Insurance companies have been marketing the life insurance among the Armenians and other inhabitants of the Ottoman Empire. Many of the insured have perished during the Genocide. However, these companies have refused to pay up, citing the absence of death certificates etc. Like the Turkish authorities busy with killing people would be generous enough to issue the death certificates to their heirs instead of killing them as well...

But now there is a very powerful Armenian lobby in the US. Powerful enough to get these insurers to pay...
April 22nd, 2006  
JulesLee

ahhh icic.. thats how it worked... so armenia wasnt a country but a race under turkey? that explains alot.. !
April 22nd, 2006  
Italian Guy

Yes sir.
April 22nd, 2006  
oRTouCH

http://www.geocities.com/t_volunteer/armenian/index.htm

Just visit here.. And then learn what are the real facts...

And also you can learn about other lies against Turkey from here...
http://www.geocities.com/t_volunteer/sitemap.htm
April 22nd, 2006  
oRTouCH

And here is another link that tells the truth..
http://www.armenian-genocide-lie.com/
April 22nd, 2006  
redcoat

As you can see, the Turkish people are still in denial about it.
April 23rd, 2006  
oRTouCH

No these are not the denials... These are the real facts...Belive me and belive Turkey. If we want to make a genocide we could have done it hundred years before, when the Turks first entered Anatolia... We were calling Armenians in Turkey Millet-i Sadıka means Faithfull People because we let them live with their own religion with their own culture and they never made rebellions to us. But when they were forced to be in rebel actions agains Turkey with the support of other countries we should have moved them away from the conflict area. But we did it in Winter and on the way to Syria about 50000 Armenians died... If you dont belive these facts search about Ottoman Archives.
We called Armenian historians to search about our archives but they didnt come because they know that we didn't make a genocide...