is armegedon going to happen?

kemaldohak

armegedon, the war which is said to finish the continuity of the World. There is an oracle like this… Well, in fact oracles are not needed to believe… On the other hand, the world is getting worse... What do you think will happen?[/b]

kemaldohak said:
armegedon, the war which is said to finish the continuity of the World. There is an oracle like this… Well, in fact oracles are not needed to believe… On the other hand, the world is getting worse... What do you think will happen?[/b]

Perhaps the world will become unliveable, perhaps something else will happen.... There is no use worrying about it because it is out of our hands. Granted, we could "stop" wars I suppose, but considering that no other time period in history was able to keep peace forever I VERY much doubt this will happen. I personally am not worried and do not dwell on armegedon, yes it may be an issue for my children (if I have any, God willing), or my children's children, but we will go on, as always. And if we do not...well, I'm not worried about where I will be. :)

Serenity :dive:

A war annihilating the human civilization? Nonsense, but I believe there will be wars yet that will make this earth tremble. This planet will eventually outlive it's usefulness, hopefully by then we'll have colonized in space.

eh.

The apocalypse is wishful thinking on the part of a religious sect. Everyone in every period of time from John in the 1st generation after Jesus up to David Koresh 2000 years later, every generation thought it was the last generation and the apocalypse would happen in their lifetimes.

Italian Guy said:
Hope we're not the one :D

the_13th_redneck said:
It'll end sooner or later.

Hahahahaha... :D

MO on this is that we should really start cutting down on pollution...especially now that India and China will get "motorised".
I do hope that they will both put an emphasis on cleaner fuels etc...

I just "say/sing" as my old buddy Johnny ;)

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder:
One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see."
And I saw.
And behold, a white horse.

There's a man goin' 'round takin' names.
An' he decides who to free and who to blame.
Everybody won't be treated all the same.
There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up.
At the terror in each sip and in each sup.
For you partake of that last offered cup,
Or disappear into the potter's ground.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
One hundred million angels singin'.
Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Some are born an' some are dyin'.
It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
The virgins are all trimming their wicks.
The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom.
Then the father hen will call his chickens home.
The wise men will bow down before the throne.
And at his feet they'll cast their golden crown.

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still.
Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still.
Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still.
Listen to the words long down,

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
One hundred million angels singin'.
Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Some are born an' some are dyin'.
It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
The virgins are all trimming their wicks.
The whirlwind is in the thorn tree.
It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

In measured hundredweight and penny pound.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell follwed with him.

-The Man Comes Around: Johnny Cash-

Doc.S
:viking:

If the world is going to end it wont end from war. The most likley thing will be the sun exploding in some hundred of thousands of years and by then we should have colonized ,space so Earth will just be a holy shrine of first life and then *POOF* its gone.

kemaldohak said:

Well I think people misunderstand the meaning of Armageddon. I don't think its the war which is said to finish the continuity of the World. It is simply a place (a large valley located in Israel) where armies will gather for a coming massive battle which I do believe will take place. Whether this is the where the final battle is fought or simply a lauching point for the armies to fight is not clear, it could be either, or. After this world will still go on, however everything will be different, since the scale of the war will be so massive.

In an interesting historical note; Napoleon did visit the valley of Armageddon and he was quoted as saying something like "All the armies of the world could manouver for battle here". So whether they will actually do so, or its simply a stageing point remains to be seen.

btw-
Johnny Cash rules

NOTE: Do not take this post for flamewar or Bashing of anyones faith!

Yes! there are predictions by some great personalities, of a big war that will be fought between the forces of Good and Evil. But critics say that this war probably will be fought for Faith and Control of Natural Resources as well. It might be the antiscipated WWIII.

--> Hebrew scriptures say that a huge army termed as "Gog and Magog" will gather on the place called Meggido to destroy Isreal. The war might involve Nuclear Weapons, since a 6th part of the invading force would be destroyed.

--> Nostradamus speaks of great battle between EU and Iranian forces (along with certain Allies) led by the 3rd Anti-christ, which will last 27 years.

--> Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) stated that Anti-christ (DAJJAL) would come from the east of Arabia. So statements match here, but Anti-christ will march towards Syria and lay seige to the forces of antiscipated Caliph IMAM MEHDI also.

--> Also according to Islamic scriptures, a force of Romans (USA & Allies probably) united under 80 banners (12 thousand troops under each banner) with the estimated strength of One Million troops will attack the forces of MEHDI. The war will last almost 6 years and will be fought on Turkish, Syrian & SA soil. The war will be very ferocious and It will be fought in 3 phases and 2 will be won by the Romans but the 3rd and the last one will be won by MEHDI and the Romans will retreat. At the end the Constantinople will be captured by MEHDI.

These predictions are very closely related to each other and distinctively highlight the geo-political scenario of the coming age thus combining the all three might make it the biggest and bloodiest battles of all times under the banner of WWIII or Armeggadon!

Now that more countries are developing missiles, bombers, and submarines, I can't see how a war of the size spoken of by prophets and written of in religious books can be contained in a very small area such as a country or even continent. If there is to be another war, WW whatever, it will very likely be a global conflict. IMO.

gladius said:
kemaldohak said:

Well I think people misunderstand the meaning of Armageddon. I don't think its the war which is said to finish the continuity of the World. It is simply a place (a large valley located in Israel) where armies will gather for a coming massive battle which I do believe will take place. Whether this is the where the final battle is fought or simply a lauching point for the armies to fight is not clear, it could be either, or. After this world will still go on, however everything will be different, since the scale of the war will be so massive.

In an interesting historical note; Napoleon did visit the valley of Armageddon and he was quoted as saying something like "All the armies of the world could manouver for battle here". So whether they will actually do so, or its simply a stageing point remains to be seen.

btw-
Johnny Cash rules

very informative...didn't know any of that so cheers!

Missileer said:
Now that more countries are developing missiles, bombers, and submarines, I can't see how a war of the size spoken of by prophets and written of in religious books can be contained in a very small area such as a country or even continent. If there is to be another war, WW whatever, it will very likely be a global conflict. IMO.

I agree with your view point here but only in hebrew scriptures, it is mentioned that a huge army would gather in one place to destroy Isreal.

But I'm also little skeptical. Although even in Islamic scriptures, it is mentioned that Isreal will be attacked and badly damaged. But again attack of Gog and Magog is also mentioned in christian and Islamic religious books. So only when the event occurs, people will understand.

Miracles and In-evitables do happen as no one predicted the fall of communism that ended the Cold War or terrorist attacks in 9/11 on key US sites.

Apart from this we also know that despite use of Missiles and massive Air-power, boots on the ground are required depending on the scale of the battle. As demonstrated in the 1991 Gulf War, in which huge coalition army faced the 4rth largest military in the world in Kuwait.

TBA_PAKI said:
Missileer said:

I agree with your view point here but only in hebrew scriptures, it is mentioned that a huge army would gather in one place to destroy Isreal.

But I'm also little skeptical. Although even in Islamic scriptures, it is mentioned that Isreal will be attacked and badly damaged. But again attack of Gog and Magog is also mentioned in christian and Islamic religious books. So only when the event occurs, people will understand.

Miracles and In-evitables do happen as no one predicted the fall of communism that ended the Cold War or terrorist attacks in 9/11 on key US sites.

Apart from this we also know that despite use of Missiles and massive Air-power, boots on the ground are required depending on the scale of the battle. As demonstrated in the 1991 Gulf War, in which huge coalition army faced the 4rth largest military in the world in Kuwait.

True, the Infantry and Marines will have to "occupy" taken ground softened up by Artillery. My thought is if there are enough Nukes involved, then the ground wars won't amount to much afterward. The problem that I foresee is that there will be a big stand off where several nuclear giants who know they will suffer high casualties if they try conventional warfare will try to get in a first punch and thermonuclear warheads spare no one or anything.

Back