Armed drill

--

March 12th, 2006  
Chyllaxen

Topic: Armed drill

Hello,

At my High school i am the armed drill team comander. and i must say i dotn want to ask for help but i need it we are suffering. We cant get any exibition routines down how can do this can anyone help me give me advise or more.?

"Help me Obi Wan Kanobi, you my only hope"

-Chyllaxen
March 13th, 2006  
Yoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyllaxen
Hello,

At my High school i am the armed drill team comander. and i must say i dotn want to ask for help but i need it we are suffering. We cant get any exibition routines down how can do this can anyone help me give me advise or more.?

-Chyllaxen
I'm not sure what the problem is because I don't understand what you said.
March 14th, 2006  
Navy Boy

Quote:
Hello,

-Chyllaxen
Practice is the key alot of practice to get everything down the way you want it.
--
March 14th, 2006  
Chyllaxen

We practice and practice Yet people show up randomly or not at all ... SHould I be Harder on them? Like make them do rifle P.T. cuz am lost
March 15th, 2006  
Navy Boy

You need to use your leadership traits.
March 15th, 2006  
Fox

Navy boy, you don't know any stuff about Drill team.
March 15th, 2006  
AFSteliga

Hey now, let's not start any of that.

If you've got people randomly showing up for DT or sometimes not at all, they shouldn't even be on the DT. Make sure they know that if they don't show up, they won't be on the Drill Team. Also, let your Officers know about this, and I'm sure they'll find a way to deal with this issue.

BTW: What program are you in? It says you're from Canada, but JROTC at the same time...
March 15th, 2006  
Yoman

Quote:
We practice and practice Yet people show up randomly or not at all ... SHould I be Harder on them? Like make them do rifle P.T. cuz am lost
Rule is at my unit is that if someone is late or not wearing the proper uniform we do PT. But we usually do that because we feel like it .

Now doing PT won't make them all the sudden want to show up. Ask the people that are not showing up if they really want to be on the drill team. If they say yes, tell them it takes a comitment. If they are not able to meet that comitment, then you should politly give them the boot.

My thoughts.
March 15th, 2006  
Chyllaxen

I do on breaks and holidays my dad lives in seattle so go to school there
March 16th, 2006  
Navy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Navy boy, you don't know any stuff about Drill team.
Nether do you.