Arma 2

Mikefrombelgium

I am looking to buy this game, but i dont know if it is any good. so before i spend a lot of money i would like to know if it is a good game. i have googled about it, but i dont find things about the gameplay itself.

so if any of you guys play it or have played it i would apprechiate some comments on this game.

Don't worry I always post stuff in the wrong sections, hahahhahahahaa!!! It's waayy more funny, lol.:rockin:

I hear it's an amazing tactical shooter, but the voice acting is garbage, the performance is just awful even on powerful machines, and the AI has some bad quirks.

But if your machine can run it playably, I'd DEFINITELY pick it up.

Why couldn't they invest just a little more in the voice acting? There are so many good actors and actresses it wouldn't even cost that much.

I must say after a couple hours with it I've pretty much lost all hope for the single player. If it were fun I could see myself putting in the effort to overcome the insane difficulty but I'm just not enjoying trudging through the woods for 10 minutes between engagements at all. I could hike in real life if I wanted that. I also find the fact that you can be shot from any direction at any moment a lot more stressful than thrilling, considering everything you'll have to do over if you die. I'm also not interested in command in the least, I just want to get out there and shoot some fools.

Killing my fellow players online is the whole reason I wanted ArmA anyways, hopefully that is a bit faster paced (and less focused on planning).

Kind of disappointed in myself though, I always thought realistic shooters were the best, but now I realize there is such a thing as too much. Raven Shield, Red Orchestra, and Hostile Intent are in the sweet spot for me - nothing but combat, you don't have to worry about getting to the fight.

Last edited:
yeah i hear ya major. i went out to the store and the guy thats sells the games told me the same story so after checking out a few games i got empire total war instead :p i'll buy arma2 when it costs a little less money

I'm not saying ArmA 2 is a bad game by any means. It's great for what it is, a sim. It's one of those games that takes a while to get into, as it certainly requires more patience than 99% of shooters out there, and most of the gunfights happen at 100+ meters. The multiplayer is certainly the best part if you want instant action like me.

Back