Arkansas Mother Gives Birth For 16th Time

Xion

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000494893

Arkansas Mother Gives Birth For 16th Time

October 12, 2005 3:01 p.m. EST

Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Little Rock, AR (AHN) - Women across the country are currently asking the question "where does she find the strength?", in regards to an Arkansas woman who gives birth for the sixteenth-time.

Believe it or not, 39-year old Michellle Duggar says she is looking forward to doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighs 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The father is former Arkansas state representative Jim Bob Duggar, who says the birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl.

Duggar says, "We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them."

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; and Jackson Levi, 1.

:shock: :shock:
well, they might raise an army of their own

16, that's nothing... :)
At least not compared to this mother:

The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets. 67 of them survived infancy.
This one isn't 100% verified, but I believe Guinnes book of records has another "record mom" with 54 children..

Some other "interesting" birth related world records..
Most Surviving Children From A Single Birth

A set of septuplets – four boys and three girls – were born to Bobbie McCaughey on November 19, 1997, at the University Hospital, Iowa, USA. Conceived by in vitro fertilization, the babies were delivered after 31 weeks by caesarean in the space of 16 minutes. Named Kenneth, Nathaniel, Brandon, Joel, Kelsey, Natalie and Alexis, they weighed between 1,048 g and 1,474.3 g (2 lb 5 oz and 3 lb 4 oz).
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...?recordid=48315

Most Fetuses In A Human Body :shock:
On July 22, 1971, Dr Gennaro Montanino of Rome, Italy, announced he had removed the fetuses of ten girls and five boys from the womb of a 35-year-old housewife. A fertility drug was responsible for this occurrence. Dr Gennaro Montanino operated on the Rome housewife, whose identity was withheld to protect her, while she was in her fourth month of pregnancy. The unborn children were five inches long and five ounces in weight. The woman and her salesman husband already had an eight-year-old daughter born after similar hormone treatment and had asked doctors for another fertility treatment to have another child.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...?recordid=48311

rotc boy said:
just imagine if we had a "saving private ryan" situation with them.... :shock:

That'd have to be a lot of dead kids wouldn't it?

Ramjet

I think she needs a hobby.

I think she has a hobby, but I think she needs a better one. But she better be physically fit, if you know what I mean.

I don't see the problem - she is half way to her very own platoon of infantry men (mechanized of course) - priceless security feeling! :roll:

I think she deserve some real respect!

:D

sunb! said:
I don't see the problem - she is half way to her very own platoon of infantry men (mechanized of course) - priceless security feeling! :roll:

I think she deserve some real respect!

:D

I respect her. I want six kids but that's nothing compared to 16. The largest family I know is made up of eight kids. And the mom is one tough cookie.

NewRecruitAFR2332 said:
I respect her. I want six kids but that's nothing compared to 16. The largest family I know is made up of eight kids. And the mom is one tough cookie.

One of my best friends back in my old town were the youngest of eight kids - I was never allowed into their home due to their strickt religious beliefs - but we had a lot of fun though.

In a religous community over here where I live now - the goal for the families is to have 12 kids. Not that extreme as 16 but respect in all means. Imagine having new borns with cholic and on the same time taking care of your 11 or 15 other ones? :shock:

Whispering Death said:
I wonder how much welfare she gets. :/

If she lived in Norway she'd get 15200 NOK (2022 USD) each month for those kids until they were 16 or 18 years old.

Back