Arizona's "immagration" law

Another subtly identifiable Hispanic???

How many more do you need? I don't necessarily agree with the driver, but it does show that it is NOT only Hispanics as you would have us believe. I can get dozens more of these videos if you need to be shown the error of your statement.

Why is it not comparable? You stated that I felt safe because Caucasians were not being targeted. I have shown your statement to be patently untrue.
I have seen that preacher's videos before. He's a bully and deserved everything he got.

I have been to checkpoints before, though it has been years, and cops have asked "may I search your car?". I never have any problems with them. I am very calm and polite and tell them "Nah, I don't think I can allow you to search my truck." They ask why and I ask them why. "Why do you need to search my truck?" Once a cop said "I think there are explosive devices in your truck and I want to search and make sure there aren't any." I told him "Nah, can't do it. If you really thought I had anything illegal on board you'd search me anyhow. But you're asking because you don't have probable cause. Ain't gonna happen." They don't like it, but that's just too bad.

One time I was asked "are you willing to take a 'step test'"? (DUI test). I told them "Nope, can't do it. I got screwed up back and screwed up knees." They asked if I'd take a breathalizer and I told them "Sure, then you can show how I'm any kind of a suspect, because if I'm not that is unreasonable and borderline on illegal." They let me go.

Then one time I absolutely loved, when there was a check point on the interstate, and they would just wave me through. Ok, I confess that back then I was actively going to church and went to church with half the troopers there. I also live 5 miles away in a small town, so going back and forth multiple times each day was a common occurrence for me.

You don't have to be a prick, just say no. record it if you want, but don't be a prick. They're humans just like the rest of us. Well, like MOST of us anyhow. :wink:

I have seen that preacher's videos before. He's a bully and deserved everything he got.

Firstly, what has "The Preacher" got to do with this individual. They are two entirely different people.

Secondly I stated clearly that I didn't necessarily agree with the reasons that the person in question was standing up for his alleged Constitutional Rights (I do not know all of the details). In this case, my use of the two videos was merely to dispel the myth that the law was being administered unfairly, in that only Hispanics were being targeted.

But,.. If he was within his rights, why shouldn't he do it? Those Rights were given for a good reason, and if you are not going to avail yourself of those rights you may as well Have them removed from your Constitution.

You know the old saying, "If you don't know your rights and exercise them as they were designed to be used, you may as well not have any rights"

Last edited:
Lol...right...how can a passionate woman EVER resist such invitation??? Oh, but wait...???? There's one prob..."Marriage" ;) hehehehe...I don't kiss married men ;) lol...
:angel:

:(:(:( Well there goes my chances

can we still be friends?

Lol...right...how can a passionate woman EVER resist such invitation??? Oh, but wait...???? There's one prob..."Marriage" ;) hehehehe...I don't kiss married men ;) lol...

What about men who have a girlfriend? Being Dutch means you are able to make compromises :)

Interesting thread. My experience of US official treatment of foreigners has been mixed, with some friendly and perfectly professional and some out-and-out fascists who think a uniform makes them gods. I have experienced both as a white person with a Kiwi accent and also observed my wife experience both as a somewhat browner Italian/Colombian with an hispanic accent.

The latter attitude on the part of US officials has shown a sharp rise since late 2001, perhaps unsurprisingly, but my personal experience also shows that it is much more likely when my wife is present than when it is just me.

Incidentally Sky2979, I get to kiss a Latina every day and expect to do so some thousands more times before I die ;)

Last edited:
Back