The Argies are sabre rattling again.

Yes, Damaian Lewis the star in a reasonably priced car on Top Gear last night.

You must be a few weeks behind. The Damian Lewis Top Gear was on 3 weeks ago this Sunday. ;) I thought he was a "landaner" but a Liverpool FC fan?

Btw, the next Top Gear episode is excellent. :D

I honestly think the whole question is a beat-up. The Argentines wouldn't dare have another crack. We shouldn't give them oxygen on the Falklands. The question only arises as rhetoric when their government wants to distract their people from something or another. Everyone should move on. It was 30 years ago. Argentina for the most part has moved on too. It's a beautiful, and now quite prosperous and democratic country which I enjoyed visiting some years ago now. We don't need to dredge up the past. I'm like John Cleese saying "Don't mention the War" back in the late 60s. The time frame is the same and shows how relevant the discussion should be! They're "Argentines", by the way. Not “Argies”.. It's just fanning the flames of individuals who want to bring up past hatreds that should be dead and buried. And it's on both sides.

I honestly think the whole question is a beat-up. The Argentines wouldn't dare have another crack. We shouldn't give them oxygen on the Falklands. The question only arises as rhetoric when their government wants to distract their people from something or another. Everyone should move on. It was 30 years ago. Argentina for the most part has moved on too. It's a beautiful, and now quite prosperous and democratic country which I enjoyed visiting some years ago now. We don't need to dredge up the past. I'm like John Cleese saying "Don't mention the War" back in the late 60s. The time frame is the same and shows how relevant the discussion should be! They're "Argentines", by the way. Not “Argies”.. It's just fanning the flames of individuals who want to bring up past hatreds that should be dead and buried. And it's on both sides.

We'd wipe the floor with them. Their military wouldn't stand a chance and I don't just say that because I'm British.

The past hatred tends to come from the Argentinian side.

You must be a few weeks behind. The Damian Lewis Top Gear was on 3 weeks ago this Sunday. ;) I thought he was a "landaner" but a Liverpool FC fan?

Btw, the next Top Gear episode is excellent. :D

This bloody country is behind in so many ways. Some of the stunts Clarkson pulls its a wonder he isn't behind bars. One thing I do admire about Clarkson, he's a patron of "Help for Hero's."

I must admit Damian Lewis supporting Liverpool, the bloke must be off his rocker.

Err no, they got charged the next morning on release from the police station. ;)

Wanna bet it got slung out?:rock:

Argies will always be Argies, same as Aussies, Kiwis, Poms, Yanks, Eyties, Jerries, Limeys, Paddy's, Taffys, Jocks, Cockneys and Scousers.

Wanna bet it got slung out?:rock:

It didn't, Sqn Ldr i/c Police Flight was hot on urban surfing, we'd dealt with quite a few serious injuries from falling off the moving mini-bus so all incidents were dealt with most harshly, that and the RAF Regt bloke who got his photos developed on the base, we got called in to investigate why he thought it was ok to get a photo taken of himself "inside" a mine field! :shock:

It didn't, Sqn Ldr i/c Police Flight was hot on urban surfing, we'd dealt with quite a few serious injuries from falling off the moving mini-bus so all incidents were dealt with most harshly, that and the RAF Regt bloke who got his photos developed on the base, we got called in to investigate why he thought it was ok to get a photo taken of himself "inside" a mine field! :shock:

Snow drops were as bad as red caps and rupert snow drops were the worst of the lot, except for red cap ruperts. Well it shows the RAF Regiment have got guts, or is that stupidity? It must be boring on the Falklands for blokes to surf on top of a minibus.:drink:

I got a 252 in Singapore, cos I slightly bent a RAF bus. Our CO threw it out, he was on the bus at the time of the incident.

Last edited:
NP8901. That is all. ;)

As I said earlier. :D

I'd hit it like a 44 tonne truck with no brakes!

Christina.jpg

Or like a rat up a drain pipe.:angel:

This bloody country is behind in so many ways. Some of the stunts Clarkson pulls its a wonder he isn't behind bars. One thing I do admire about Clarkson, he's a patron of "Help for Hero's."

I must admit Damian Lewis supporting Liverpool, the bloke must be off his rocker.

Clarkson is a hero! Just say it as it is. :rock: :D

He's also a hater of HATO's. That alone makes him a hero. ;)

Back