Area 51?Yes I know.

Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works

Rabs said:
Isnt Skunk Works strickly lockheed martin?
From Wikipedia:
Skunk works is a term used in engineering and technical applications for secret (black) projects, but it's also used by Lockheed Martin:
The name "Skunk Works" and the skunk design are now registered trademarks of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_works

Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works:
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/wms/findPage.do?dsp=fec&ci=16504

How the Skunk Works Got Its Name
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/wms/findPage.do?dsp=fec&ci=16504&rsbci=16504&fti=0&ti=0&sc=400

I used the term "Skunk Works" in the generic form of the term - "top secret research and development area or building".

Area 51 is definitely that - the security boundary around this area extends for miles and miles. The facility is so big that MOST of the work force is flown in/out on commuter flights daily. The only other access to the facilities are pre-cleared trucking and commuter buses to and from the site and military housing.

The security blanket is so extensive that entry of as little as a hundred yards will bring rapid armed response ... jeeps with mounted machine guns and armed helicopters.

I definitely believe that Area 51 has earned the "Skunk Works" name and description even though it is a trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation.

I would NOT suggest that you test the boundaries around Area 51 - you would NOT like the consequences of that rash act (especially since the enactment of the Patriot Act)..

Nope no photo of the following,Are 51,Chernobyl,Groom lake,Bomshese down,Or Edwards Air Force Base,there are there its just I know someone with google Earth pro,and I have basic,I zoom in on these locations ,yuo can see the siloute of buildings or runways but its all blurred,all of it ,so no in depth look at these locations.

Groom Lake? What about it? Only place you can test an SR-71, B2 or F117 without stiring up some kind of reaction from the USSR or China at the time, and besides if you saw an F117 in 78' you'd think it was a UFO too. F117 was called Strike Blue back in the day or something to the effect of Blue.

Area 51? yeah it exists. its next door to Area 52.

All kidding aside, the consensus comments about the security is about right. Stray off the road that goes to rachael on the Facility side, and you get an introduction from the cammo dudes. and they do have hummers, broncos, and yes machine guns.

they dont like pictures. they try and intercept you before you get to far into the zone where they have to arrest you or shoot you.

they employ ground mounted sonar, infra red, radar, and microwave detection systems that are very good at detecting you, even at night. the devices look like boxes mounted on short steel posts. they have ground vibration units that listen for foot steps.

now, you dont make these kinds of securitys available for just any secret place. if it wasnt for the public road that runs along the east side of the range, they would have fenced it off long ago. the desert kinda takes care of the western side.

personally, i believed bob lazar when he said that Area 51 is just a smoke screen to keep you from knowing about site S-4. thats where the alien hardware is kept :-D

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread61327/pg1

heres another forums take on site s-4. TTR stands for tonapah test range BTW (some people call tonapah Area 52...lol).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wfm_area51_map_en.png

heres a fairly decent map that kind of puts everything into perspective.

:sorry:

Oh come on guys, theres no area 51, no alien space technology, its all ours, the govt wouldn't lie about anything like that.

I can neither confirm or deny weather or not I'm being sarcastic :)

I find it unlikely in the extreme that we are the only sentients in this universe, let alone living organisms. If I remember correctly the most recent guess by scientists was around 30,000 intelligent species in this galaxy. Of course, it's nothing more than guess. I also believe that if they have the tech to come here from another starsystem no government will ever be experimenting on them because they could probably vaporize the planet on a whim. Also, even if they are here secretly watching us I very much doubt UFOs are alien. Can you imagine the stealth technology of a species that can make it across interstellar distances? Probably invisible even to the most advanced sensors, including the naked eye.

The Chief is wrong about just one thing - Area 51 isn't the most secret, the place no one has ever heard of (except its staff) is the most secret. Though it certainly sounds like Area 51 is one of the most secure places.

Sorry for the double post - PS3 only lets you enter so many lines in the virtual keyboard.

There was an episode of Star Trek: TNG in which they discovered an alternate universe where humans were ruled by the brutal authoritarian Terran Empire rather than the Federation. They were the aggressors, totally evil humans and vulcans attacking klingons for glory and such. I think they even had an evil Picard in it, which is awesome.

Its funny how "unofficially" the SR-71 "BlackBird" was being drawn up just a few years after the roswell incident, and a few years after the incident, the U-2 came out, when jet fghters were starting to be produced full swing. Area 51 is definately a research base, most likely headed by the Air Force. The base though goes underground. Maybe its a nuclear weapons devolopment facility.

Oh was it that episode where they find a planet that's been nuclearly wasted because they trie to copy nuclear technology from an old space probe originating from earth, so some of them want to take it out on the Voyager crew in a predictable, voyagery plotline.
Woomera Prohibited Area sounds pretty wicked :). Don't think we got them in Germany :(. Well of course we have restricted military regions but none in which strange stuff is supposedly going on.

Ever stop and think that Area 51 was an operation to mess with the Soviets? The Mig-25?? Ha...we got something better than that...

Its funny how "unofficially" the SR-71 "BlackBird" was being drawn up just a few years after the roswell incident, and a few years after the incident, the U-2 came out, when jet fghters were starting to be produced full swing. Area 51 is definately a research base, most likely headed by the Air Force. The base though goes underground. Maybe its a nuclear weapons devolopment facility.

Roswell was in 1947...the U2 and SR-71 were even thought up then. The Germans along with the British were the first to develop jets during World War II...(I know...I know...the aliens gave techonology to the Nazis...)

Roswell was in 1947...the U2 and SR-71 were even thought up then. The Germans along with the British were the first to develop jets during World War II...(I know...I know...the aliens gave techonology to the Nazis...)

Well that explains the warranty on the BMW's

I think the military liked the idea of people thinking it was aliens, gave them a cover for developing advanced planes.

Aliens ain't real though..come on..

Well, even though I disbelieve most alien conspiracies, I do believe in aliens and that they had contacts with humans. There might even be bases like the alleged area 51. Yet I think the idea of area 51 was fake.

Actually Area 51 is real, but I highly doubt if they have an alien space craft there, there's no way anybody can make me believe that a race capable of coming from the other side of the Galaxy would (1) allow them selves to be captured, and (2) come unarmed

"We come in peace - shoot to kill"

Who says that aliens aren't as dumb as the human race?

Ultimately do you believe in govt conspiracies or the fact that it is a convenient cover for the development of new technology. After all could fiction be as strange as reality?

Back