Arabs in the Israeli Army - Page 4

--

November 6th, 2011  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
They are only that way to Israel and her supporters.

I'll bet that you still haven't worked out why they are that way, can you? You are an idiot of the first order.
If anyone treated my people as the Israelis treat the Palestinians I would be exactly the same.
Israeli Settlers Beating Old Palestinian Woman - YouTube
These are your peaceful Israelis driving people of their own land as they always have.
This is deplorable and the perpetrators should be punished. Not all of them are punished but a lot are. If it was the way around the perpetrators would be welcomed as heroes (as we have seen with the prisoners deal).

Do you also know why they were able to film that? Because of a Jewish organisation. Oren Yakobovich is Director of Video at B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories.

Avinoam Katrieli, member of the Jewish underground organization, was on 21 September 1984 convicted of plotting to bomb the Dome of the Rock mosque and was sentenced to 15 months effective prison term and 33 months suspended imprisonment. (Ha'aretz, 23 September 1984)
In Palestine : Attack on Joseph’s Tomb in October 2000 : ...The PA also pledged to prevent any vandalism and to return the Tomb to its original state after the violence settled down. 2 hours later it was destroyed! an Associated Press dispatch reported, “the dome of the tomb was painted green and bulldozers were seen clearing the surrounding area,” as the Palestinian Arabs sought to transform the biblical Joseph’s resting place into a Moslem holy site.

On 25 July 1985, Gush Emunim leader Rabbi Moshe Levinger was fined IS 200,000 (approximately $15,385) and given a three-month suspended sentence for trespassing in the house of a Hebron woman and attacking her six-year-old son. Levinger told the Jerusalem Magistrate Court that the boy had thrown a stone at his son. (Jerusalem Post, 26 July 1985)

In September 2001, Yasser Arafat's Tanzim kidnapped a Palestinian cameraman who shot film showing Palestinian citizens and police in Ramallah celebrating on 9/11/2001 following the attacks on US targets, and threatened to kill the cameraman if the item the film was shown on air.

During 2007 many Western and Christian targets were attacked in the West Bank and Gaza. Members of local gangs and terror cells blew up and destroyed institutions linked to Western culture such as American schools, church libraries and dozens of Internet cafes. These events were largely ignored by the media

After a visit to the Palestinian Authority administered areas, Senator Connie Mack related on the floor of the US Senate the case of a Christian convert from Islam who was falsely charged with selling land to Jews, arrested, beaten and tortured, and held for eight months without trial. Despite being released after his family borrowed thousands of dollars for bribes, his father continued to be held, he believed as insurance of his silence on the matter.

And I could go on and on...

Israeli justice might not be 100% perfect, but the Palestinian one is a mess.
November 6th, 2011  
42RM

I dont think that the situation in the Middle East will ever be resolved. There's too much hate and it's been going on for too long, the next generations are brought up in the same ****ed up scenerio. And any discussion started is promptly narrowed down to who was where first, like it solves anything. So Jews kill Palestinians and vice versa. And there's been so much **** going on in that region you really cant point fingers at who's to blame. The whole region is completely ****ed up.
November 6th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Do you also know why they were able to film that? Because of a Jewish organisation. Oren Yakobovich is Director of Video at B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories.
I'll guarantee I am far more aware of the work of B'Tselem than probably any other member of this site, and have participated in my own way for nearly 15 years. Several of my ex-Israeli relatives, now living in Australia make sure of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Israeli justice might not be 100% perfect, but the Palestinian one is a mess.
Like I said you don't even think why things are the way they are, do you?

When you have had an arrogant and brutally oppressive regime like Israel backed by the worlds most powerful country continually treating your people like animals*, it is impossible to have stability of any sort, let alone a functioning Justice system. However there is absolutely no excuse for Israel's rabid dog excesses upon a society that they have been openly stealing from and otherwise reducing to a hand to mouth existence since 1947.
*Technically that's not true, for if you treated any animal as the Israelis treat the Palestinians, the ASPCA would have had your @rse on a platter.

As for your mention of desecration of religious artifacts, my personal opinion is, that the sooner they are all bulldozed into a heap and reduced to the consistency of dust, the better for all concerned.
--
November 6th, 2011  
muscogeemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
I dont think that the situation in the Middle East will ever be resolved. There's too much hate and it's been going on for too long, the next generations are brought up in the same ****ed up scenerio. And any discussion started is promptly narrowed down to who was where first, like it solves anything. So Jews kill Palestinians and vice versa. And there's been so much **** going on in that region you really cant point fingers at who's to blame. The whole region is completely ****ed up.
You got that **** right. I once heard somebody say the problem will never be solved "until the Palestinians start loving their children more then they hate the Jews".
November 6th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogeemike
You got that **** right. I once heard somebody say the problem will never be solved "until the Palestinians start loving their children more then they hate the Jews".
The Jews will need to undo 60+ years of lies, murder, theft and social disenfranchisement before that will even start to happen.

It's very easy to make stupid statements about others whilst you sit at home in your own country where your biggest worry is, if your local fast food outlet is going to be open after midnight.
November 7th, 2011  
muscogeemike

Quote:
The Jews will need to undo 60+ years of lies, murder, theft and social disenfranchisement before that will even start to happen.

It's very easy to make stupid statements about others whilst you sit at home in your own country where your biggest worry is, if your local fast food outlet is going to be open after midnight.
I don't know about your life, but as to me “sitting at home” - I spent my life in uniform, a big part of that overseas (6 oversea tours and 2 "deployments") - including Viet Nam. I am now a retired disabled Vet.

I earned a right to an opinion..

My point has always been that some people will believe only what they want and will ignore anything that interferes with their point of view.

I do not immediately side with either the Jews or the Palestinians - but I suspect you do.
November 7th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
I don't know about your life, but as to me “sitting at home” - I spent my life in uniform, a big part of that overseas (6 oversea tours and 2 "deployments") - including Viet Nam. I am now a retired disabled Vet.

I earned a right to an opinion..

My point has always been that some people will believe only what they want and will ignore anything that interferes with their point of view.

I do not immediately side with either the Jews or the Palestinians - but I suspect you do.
You're not on your own there Buster, but one thing you will learn in life, is that having served, gives you no more "right" to an opinion than anyone else. Other than in a few Military dictatorships the world is run by civilians believe it or not.

I've gone from pro-Israel to Pro-Palestinian, purely because I started to look at all of what is going on, rather than just listen to what "our side" were saying. Once Israel's censorship started to fail due to cheap cameras and the Internet it was all over for them. Then, having seen what they were doing I started asking why. In view of the evidence available the most obvious answer was that "they know that they really have no right to be there".
November 7th, 2011  
muscogeemike

Quote:
You're not on your own there Buster, but one thing you will learn in life, is that having served, gives you no more "right" to an opinion than anyone else. Other than in a few Military dictatorships the world is run by civilians believe it or not.

I've gone from pro-Israel to Pro-Palestinian, purely because I started to look at all of what is going on, rather than just listen to what "our side" were saying. Once Israel's censorship started to fail due to cheap cameras and the Internet it was all over for them. Then, having seen what they were doing I started asking why. In view of the evidence available the most obvious answer was that "they know that they really have no right to be there".
Your right, opinions are like ass holes - all of us have them, but some use them for more then talking out of.
November 7th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Your right, opinions are like ass holes - all of us have them, but some use them for more then talking out of.
Well,... maybe opinions might be better informed if people used their eyes and ears instead of their @rsehole?

Having an opinion counts for nothing, it's what that opinion is based on that counts.
November 7th, 2011  
BritinBritain

It was once said, “The only time someone has the right to an opinion, is when they have an informed opinion.”