Arabs in the Israeli Army - Page 10

--

November 24th, 2011  
84RFK

Since I haven't monitored this thread I fail to see the connection between a shopping mall in Gaza and Arabs in the Israeli Army...

But as it seems like this thread is allready off topic I'd like to ask those of you who may have the proper knowledge about the subject one question.

Why is cement on the list of restricted substances that can't be shipped freely to Gaza?

To my knowledge cement can hardly be used for anything else than mixing concrete, a substance rarely found in rockets and IED's, and thus it wouldn't carry any strategic value except for the making of defensive fortifications...
November 24th, 2011  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
Since I haven't monitored this thread I fail to see the connection between a shopping mall in Gaza and Arabs in the Israeli Army...
Arabs from the IDF shopping? No, just kidding. I think Gaza is off limits for IDF soldiers.

I'm in a fight from post2 in this thread. Didn't see the connection with jews in the German army either and I don't like that facts are intentionally twisted.
I posted this shopping thing to show that Gaza is not that big poor refugee camp that people want us to believe. If you can build such things (and also a Luxury 5 star hotel) why can't you take care for your poor people?

Quote:
But as it seems like this thread is allready off topic I'd like to ask those of you who may have the proper knowledge about the subject one question.

Why is cement on the list of restricted substances that can't be shipped freely to Gaza?

To my knowledge cement can hardly be used for anything else than mixing concrete, a substance rarely found in rockets and IED's, and thus it wouldn't carry any strategic value except for the making of defensive fortifications...
Very good question. Cement is allowed, it's Portland Cement that's not allowed and I think because it's waterproof so that it can be used to make waterproof concrete for the tunnels through which weapons are smuggled in.
November 24th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:

Oh don't worry he bought up some rubbish about luxury hotels in a similar post in another thread.

Prior to June 2010, the Israelis claimed that, as you say Cement could be used for fortifications and iron pipe for the making of rockets. With the type of warfare being used by Hamas and their supporters I don't see that fixed fortifications would be of any great use especially against Israels weaponry. The banning of pipe was questionable as well, as standard diameters of piping used in household plumbing would hardly be of any use for making rockets of any possible use.

Humanitarian organisations have claimed that these products were actually banned to prevent any chance of the civil population trying to repair infrastructure deliberately damaged by the Israelis, in an attempt to put pressure on Hamas. This constitutes illegal collective punishment of the civil population as defined by the ICJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
According to Amnesty International, the Economist, Haaretz and UN reports, prior to June 2010, the following was banned or restricted:
Food. According to a UN report, importation of lentils, pasta, tomato paste and juice has been restricted.[15] Pasta has since been allowed. Soda, juice, jam, spices, shaving cream, potato chips, cookies and candy are now permitted.[16] Fruit, milk products in small packages and frozen food products are also allowed.[14] Dry food,[17] ginger and chocolate were at one point barred.[18]
Household items. A4 paper,[18] crayons, stationary, soccer balls, and musical instruments have been, at times, banned for import.[17] According to AFP other banned goods include toilet paper,[4] though the BBC lists it as permitted.[3] According to the Haaretz the following items were banned in 2009: books, candles, crayons, clothing, cups, cutlery, crockery, electric appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines, glasses, light bulbs, matches, musical instruments, needles, sheets, blankets, shoes, mattresses, spare machine and car parts, and threads.[14]
Reconstruction materials. Amnesty International and other organisations report that cement, glass, steel, bitumen, wood, paint, doors, plastic pipes, metal pipes, metal reinforcement rods, aggregate, generators, high voltage cables and wooden telegraph poles are high priority reconstruction materials currently with no or highly limited entry into Gaza through official crossings.[19] A UN report by Kevin M. Cahill said reconstruction was halted because of lack of steel, cement or glass, among other building materials.[15]
Fuel. Fuel had not been imported from Israel since 2008. While fuel is available from Egypt, in contrast to Israeli fuel, it damages the newer cars in Gaza and causes malfunctions. Israel allowed only limited amounts of industrial fuel into Gaza prior to June 2010.[14]
Agriculture and fishing. According to Gisha, fishing ropes and rods, ginger and chocolate, hatcheries and spare parts for hatcheries, were at one point barred.[18]
Medical material. Batteries for hearing aids have been restricted.[15] Wheelchairs, at various times, have been banned.[17]
According to the Haaretz, the number of items allowed into Gaza, as of May 2010, is about 100. Before the blockade, some 4,000 items were allowed. Gisha states that a large Israeli supermarket holds 10,000-15,000 items.

--
November 24th, 2011  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Humanitarian organisations have claimed that these products were actually banned to prevent any chance of the civil population trying to repair infrastructure deliberately damaged by the Israelis, in an attempt to put pressure on Hamas. This constitutes illegal collective punishment of the civil population as defined by the ICJ.

Wouldn't it be better that they had used the materials to build a 3000m2 shopping mall to repair civilian infrastructure?

BTW why do you list banned or restricted goods prior to June 2010 when just beneath it is the current list? Is it because you don't like the new one? Look here.
November 24th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Wouldn't it be better that they had used the materials to build a 3000m2 shopping mall to repair civilian infrastructure?

BTW why do you list banned or restricted goods prior to June 2010 when just beneath it is the current list? Is it because you don't like the new one? Look here.
What the Gazans use the materials for, so long as it's not fortifications is none of Israel's nor your business. Anyway, why are you so concerned about the people of Gaza, you are the one who supports those undertaking an admitted plan of deliberate provocation, destruction and ethnic cleansing. The average Gazan probably can't afford to repair their own infrastructure so it's left to those who do have the money to do pretty much as they wish. Perhaps with you being such a "mover and shaker", you can tell large corporations what to do with their money, but I'd say that is not the case with the population of Gaza.

I was pointing out what Israel had banned before International pressure forced them to cave in on some of the more ridiculous items. You just need to stop trying to justify Israel's criminal behaviour,... your guilty conscience is showing very clearly.

I mean to say, banning, Musical Instruments? Clothing, cups, Crayons? Washing machines and severely limiting basic foodstuffs like lentils and pasta. It sounds almost exactly like the restrictions placed on the Jews in Germany, although I don't think that they were quite as bad.
November 25th, 2011  
84RFK

Wheelchairs were banned....?

Ah well, sheikh Yassin was wheelchairbound, so a ban on wheelchairs would probably limit his ability to move around.
November 25th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Wheelchairs were banned....?

Ah well, sheikh Yassin was wheelchairbound, so a ban on wheelchairs would probably limit his ability to move around.
It was a strategic decision,... deliberately designed to reduce the living conditions of the Palestinians to less than that of animals.
November 25th, 2011  
AnnaLeland

I heard from a friend that only jewish europeans could join but my arab friend told me that arabs who were jewish could join as well.Is this true?I know that most of Israel is composed of arab jews.
my blog
November 25th, 2011  
grey shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaLeland
I heard from a friend that only jewish europeans could join but my arab friend told me that arabs who were jewish could join as well.Is this true?I know that most of Israel is composed of arab jews.
my blog
The policy is to restrict service in the armed forces to citizens of Israel, Jews as well as Christians, Moslems, Druze and others, and to non-Israeli Jews and their non-Jewish children and grandchildren, so as to avoid placing at risk persons who do not have this connection to Israel.
November 25th, 2011  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
What the Gazans use the materials for, so long as it's not fortifications is none of Israel's nor your business. Anyway, why are you so concerned about the people of Gaza, you are the one who supports those undertaking an admitted plan of deliberate provocation, destruction and ethnic cleansing. The average Gazan probably can't afford to repair their own infrastructure so it's left to those who do have the money to do pretty much as they wish. Perhaps with you being such a "mover and shaker", you can tell large corporations what to do with their money, but I'd say that is not the case with the population of Gaza.

I was pointing out what Israel had banned before International pressure forced them to cave in on some of the more ridiculous items. You just need to stop trying to justify Israel's criminal behaviour,... your guilty conscience is showing very clearly.

I mean to say, banning, Musical Instruments? Clothing, cups, Crayons? Washing machines and severely limiting basic foodstuffs like lentils and pasta. It sounds almost exactly like the restrictions placed on the Jews in Germany, although I don't think that they were quite as bad.
Again you are distorting the facts by listing something that is not valid anymore. (seems to be a habit of yours)
You once supported the fact that the PO forbid Palestinians to work for Israelis (boycot the enemy?) but when Israel puts up a "blockade" against Hamas (Israeli enemy who's charter demands the destruction of Israel) you cry foul! Tell me, how many nations would allow goods to pass to their enemy?

But I have good news for you because the blockade does not seem to work:

These photos of Gaza are from the November 26, 2009 edition of the Hamas-controlled Gazan newspaper, Palestine Today. (before your so called international pressure!)

I can also publish foto's of the As-Sadaka, a 50m swimming pool in the Gaza strip (watershortage?). It was inaugurated in May 2010. Or luxury 5star Hotels, luxury dining places or what about the 4000 cars so far imported through Israel since last year.

How many poor Palestinian could they have helped with all that money?

her's another nice comment: "People need field experience and Palestine sounds cool and dangerous because it can be described as a war zone, but in reality itís quite safe and has all the comforts that internationals want. Quality of life here is so much higher than somewhere like Afghanistan, but we donít tell anyone so that we are not replaced or reassigned.Ē
Emily Williams, an American project manager at a medical NGO, in Why Your Streets Are Full of Foreigners, This Week in Palestine, May 7, 2011"