November 12th, 2004  
gladius

Ya me too, I hope this never happens.

But you know how these things go. Lol.
November 12th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
Lets just hope it never happens?
Hmmm...the fire is already too big to extinguish quickly.
November 12th, 2004  
SHERMAN

The notion of a United Arab Community was tried before(60s and 70s) and failed msrebly. Syria, Egypt and Iraq all wanted to be boss...If Nasser couldent do it, what makes you think anyone else can? The arab world today, at least IMHO, is more devided than ever. Some are turning west, some are becomming Fundamental, some are nationalist, some are Pan-Arabist, some see them selves as Arabs first, some see them selves as Muslim first....It would take alot to bring them togather.
--
November 12th, 2004  
Asskicker

one thing is that they seem to have a common enemy right now--Isreal,
maybe they will try to unite themselves when some sort of major confrontation with Isreal happens
November 13th, 2004  
rOk

I'm wondering, what about Turkey.
Who will they join if the shit hits the fan.
Arabs or west?

Right now they're pretty eager to join the EU and leave their cousins in a shit hole of instability.
What ya think all?
November 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Turkey is not an Arab country.

Quote:
one thing is that they seem to have a common enemy right now--Isreal,
maybe they will try to unite themselves when some sort of major confrontation with Isreal happens
Actually they are much more devided about Israel now then lets say, 30 years ago.
November 14th, 2004  
Asskicker

really?
their government are,
how about their ppl??

many arabian nations are not demoratic, government use abusolute power to keep their ppl down so they can achieve peace with Isreal

there is an acient verse in China: ppl is the water, government is the ship, water can make ship float on it, water can also make ship sink

ppl is the decisive power and their intention will decide which way their military go
November 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

If you ask me, I think Saudi Arabia will have a change in power in a decade or so. They have many fundmentalist, they do not like the close link with the westerners...
November 14th, 2004  
Asskicker

yeah, even if they are like abusolute power kings, they still have to listen to ppl's will sometimes
November 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
I'm wondering, what about Turkey.
Who will they join if the shit hits the fan.
Arabs or west?

Right now they're pretty eager to join the EU and leave their cousins in a shit hole of instability.
What ya think all?
Even if Turkey cannot get in EU, they will not side with Arabs.

Turkey knows its future is in Europe, they are smart to make smart decision especially in Wars.