Arab Army

The notion of a United Arab Community was tried before(60s and 70s) and failed msrebly. Syria, Egypt and Iraq all wanted to be boss...If Nasser couldent do it, what makes you think anyone else can? The arab world today, at least IMHO, is more devided than ever. Some are turning west, some are becomming Fundamental, some are nationalist, some are Pan-Arabist, some see them selves as Arabs first, some see them selves as Muslim first....It would take alot to bring them togather.

one thing is that they seem to have a common enemy right now--Isreal,
maybe they will try to unite themselves when some sort of major confrontation with Isreal happens

I'm wondering, what about Turkey.
Who will they join if the shit hits the fan.
Arabs or west?

Right now they're pretty eager to join the EU and leave their cousins in a shit hole of instability.
What ya think all?

Turkey is not an Arab country.

one thing is that they seem to have a common enemy right now--Isreal,
maybe they will try to unite themselves when some sort of major confrontation with Isreal happens

Actually they are much more devided about Israel now then lets say, 30 years ago.

really?
their government are,
how about their ppl??

many arabian nations are not demoratic, government use abusolute power to keep their ppl down so they can achieve peace with Isreal

there is an acient verse in China: ppl is the water, government is the ship, water can make ship float on it, water can also make ship sink

ppl is the decisive power and their intention will decide which way their military go

If you ask me, I think Saudi Arabia will have a change in power in a decade or so. They have many fundmentalist, they do not like the close link with the westerners...

rOk said:
I'm wondering, what about Turkey.
Who will they join if the shit hits the fan.
Arabs or west?

Right now they're pretty eager to join the EU and leave their cousins in a shit hole of instability.
What ya think all?

Even if Turkey cannot get in EU, they will not side with Arabs.

Turkey knows its future is in Europe, they are smart to make smart decision especially in Wars.

I agree here Istanbul will side with the West...

...the military leadership that is. As far as the majority of the people go its not a sure thing.

The military leadership of Turkey has alway been secular and pro-West. They are well respected, but sometimes at odds with the majority of the Muslim populace, especially the fundamentalist. In fact if someone has Muslim fundamentalist tendencies they will be rooted out from getting in the higher ranks of the officer core.

gladius said:
In fact if someone has Muslim fundamentalist tendencies they will be rooted out from getting in the higher ranks of the officer core.

Very proffesional...didn't know that.

the_13th_redneck said:
If you tell a Turk he is an Arab he will bash your face in.

In fact, "Arab" is an insult in Turkey.

Yeaaah rite... :rock:
Turks dont love them since the 1st WW... The only arab we love is our prophet Mohammad...

FlyingFrog said:
They have got big population, big money, big oil, fanatic religion, proud history, if they really got united, their military will be awesome, I guess.

I have to agree with most points there, but the population of Arab nations is not large, even combined it is not huge. There just aren't enough Arabs in the Middle East. I mean, many Arab countries sustain their economies on oil wealth and Foreign labour. Large portions of the populations are foreigners, particularly other Muslims and people from South Asia. In many of the smaller countries, South Asians severely outnumber Arabs. And its not like they are naturalized citizens who would fight for the Arab country in which they live.

Many of the smaller countries rely too much on foreign, particularly Western bussiness to risk opposing the West militarily. Even though the populations of these nations do not neccessarily agree with their governments' stand, the authority of the respective Monarchs is not easy to challenge.

Also, Arab Africa shouldn't really be considered Arab. The more west you go, the less Arab the people are. Tunisia onwards, the cultures are more Berber, and are areas that came under Arab dominance, but haven't completely integrated Arab culture. Even Egypt has its distinct culture, and even speak a very different dialect of Arabic, than those spoken in Asia.

The prospect of a truly unified Arabia is far off at best, if you dont throw in some dramatic, unexpected variable of course. Like someone else said earlier, if Nasser couldn't do it, what makes you think anyone else can.

oRTouCH said:
Yeaaah rite... :rock:
Turks dont love them since the 1st WW... The only arab we love is our prophet Mohammad...

You are as kinky as those KKK guys, they hate jews, but believe in Jesus. :whip:

fingolfin361 said:
The prospect of a truly unified Arabia is far off at best, if you dont throw in some dramatic, unexpected variable of course. Like someone else said earlier, if Nasser couldn't do it, what makes you think anyone else can.

There will be no Arab unification, there is no real strong force for soley an Arab unification alone.

But there is prescident for a Muslim unification. They've had caliphates in the past.

Arab unification, no. Muslim unification, yes.

Only in a dream ...

A "united" Arab country in the Middle East ... NEVER HAPPEN.

The Arabs of the Middle East are the MOST DIVERSE people in the world ... even more diverse than the United States. The Middle East is made up of every religion and sub-religion in the world and even these sub-religion groups have sub-sub-sects.

With these unique and opposite beliefs the various groups and sects will NEVER be able to settle their differences to the point that they would put up with ANY other group having control and governance over their people.

A fractured group of Arab countries is a possibility ... however ... no single country will be able to sustain an effort against the free world. The free world will never allow an Arab splinter group to endanger the world supply of oil. High prices ... MAYBE ... total blockade of oil sales to the West ... NEVER.

And if Arabs are united they may blockade oil supplies to the west and if it was an Islamic state not arabian iwouldn't be surprised to find a he'll lot of other nations wanting to join

Back