Appreciate the site

afoxmama

Aloha,
I found this forum searching for a description of what my son will be faced. YEP, my 'baby' has enlisted and MOS 13f. (Sept 15, Fort Sill)

This forum has helped ease my mind a bit..as a mom 'scared as hell', but I am VERY proud of him.

Anyway...I read on this forum a little about FO (see I learn fast (-: ) and I recognize that there is great humor and camaraderie which I find much comfort in.

Thank you all for being the unseen angels that you are!

Malama pono

Welcome to the forum, ma'am. We have redlegs coming out the nose, so I'm sure you will be able to find pretty much anything you want to know about that field here. :lol:
Congratulations on your son's enlistment.

Welcome to the forum Mama.. :D

There are a couple of 13f running around here, so I'm sure we can answer most of your questions..

Why don't you tell your son to join us as well?? :)

dont worry none about fort sill..we sneaky air force types watch over it night and day

welcome to the forum BTW.. :D

Welcome!

Everytime I see someone type "welcome" I always think, what did they do to deserve a "Thank you"? Jeez.... I'm so not with it, ever.

Response to all

Thank you to all who responded and to answer all who have asked questions, I will attempt within this post, please excuse me if I fail for I will definitely post again (-:

As for my son joining this site.. I certainly will tell my son about this. I understand that he 'might' have internet access, but in boot camp, isn't that a little luxurious?

I read a post regarding boot camp and felt at ease when the advice stated, "Keep quiet, stand straight, and don't bring attention to yourself". That sounds a lot like my son already, so I know he will do fine there.

He will be 21-yrs old in Oct. He has been trying out his "independence wings" since he was 18 (which means he hasn't lived at home for 2-years) and feels that the military has more to offer him.

I did offer that he come back home, but I guess that's the man I raised and doesn't feel running back to "mama" solves anything. (I'm proud of him).

I do have a few questions, 1) what and when can I start sending care packages to boot camp (he will fly out on Sept 15) (-: What should I NOT give him to pack and take to boot camp should be the question. (-:

2) I enjoy machine embroidery so I will be looking for branch, division, anything associated, types of designs. Are there special No-No's that I should know about, i.e. copyrights? General Orders? etc?
(this question comes from the fact that we are a law enforcement family and we can NOT use the badge graphic without chief approval etc.) Does the same hold true?

3) and I well I guess I'm just wondering how much more training can be expected after boot camp. OOps...maybe I should say basic training. Is it still called boot camp? Is that an okay term to use? I know I have a lot to learn so please forgive me if I use terms that maybe offensive.

okay....I think I covered everyone...again if I missed someone..it'll be another post (hearing you all groaning) (-:

Thanks again and Malama Pono

[/quote]

Back