Applications to CF - Page 2

--

January 4th, 2005  
Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
Yeah man, It's a great Idea, I'm just not sure whether you can start the process before you are of age, but I might be wrong man, and there is no harm in trying
Well, there is only one shot (in the near future) because you gotta admit, the plane tickets arn't cheap . Looks like I'll meet the age requirements (16?) since I can only go on the coming Christmas.

Great idea Locke, if the pool is ever open (It's got no warm water and its 12 degrees....now they decide to shut down the pool until Feb or March )
January 5th, 2005  
r031Button

Sorry I'll just clearify what I said, I mean fighting order, which is your webbing, and helmet. though I may be mistaken.

I strongly suggest joining the reserves before going off the RMC; let yourself see what it's like..if it's not for you then there's no hassel in quiting. Besides that I hold the opinion that the best officers are from the ranks.
January 6th, 2005  
Pete031

yeah... Fighting order consists of your Tac Vest, NBC carrier, Helmet, weapon, and NBCW bag.... Sort of off topic...
--
January 6th, 2005  
r031Button

Or webbing if your a reservistin western Canada...we don't need those guichi Tac Vests:P
January 6th, 2005  
Tibs

Thanks for the help guys.
Still thinking how I can get the times and everything sorted out. Now I quite wish that I wasn't living several thousand miles away on the other side of the Pacific ...
January 28th, 2005  
tankgirl_88

Tibs,
i am currently doing the prep year for RMC in st-jean Quebec, and i can tell you that i asked a lot of the same Qs as you are now, when i was applying.
regarding the running for the PT test, mine was done at the recruiting centre, and it was a step test where they measured your heart rate after a certain amount of time. if you go running regularly you should do fine.
the paprework that they wanted from me when i went in included transcripts for highschool, birth certificate, SIN card, that sort of thing.
I also had experience with the scout movement, and recieved my chief scout award, but they didnt want anything about that until my interview.
The interview is where they ask you a ton of Qs about leadership, and why you want to join the CF, and why you are interested in the MOC you applied for (proc and cons), that sort of thing. its important to be prepared for that, because it may determine to outcome of your application.
Also, i agree with those who say that reserve time will help you in RMC. Its more that you will know what to expect, than anything else. anyone can correct me on that, if anyone feels otherwise, but personally having no experience in the reserves or reg force, i had no clue what to expect.
anyways, time for class. i hope this helped you
good luck!
January 28th, 2005  
lil_spy

's Hey. I'm also at the prep year for RMC. One of the other things that you may have to look into is getting all your things set up BEFORE you come to Canada for your trip because it can take weeks, or months to get a call for your tests and interview. I would say get in contact with a recruiting center in the area you plan to stay in and start talking to them about it now. If they tell you that you needn't worry about it now due to your age let them know about the amount of time you will be in canada and explain you need to begin working things out NOW. Get aggressive if you have to but not obnoxious.

If you have any others 's you can talk to myself, tankgirl, NCDTSteliga or OCDTSmith as I know all of us are in the program prepping for RMC. It is also possible you could be sent where we are so we can give you info about that too. Good luck.
February 2nd, 2005  
Tibs

Thanks, I'll keep a note on that.
I don't think I'll do much regarding the application just yet, except for more researching. I just have way too much to be doing right now and I don't think I've ever been sucessful in multi-tasking (I have Hockey, ICT projects, etc).
February 2nd, 2005  
AFSteliga

Don't worry about the multi-tasking part. That's something that you will develop, and quickly in the CF. After everything starts going here, you get loads of work piled onto you. In order to get everything you need done, you need good time management. If you don't have that, all of the work is going to seem overwhelming. I'm sure that lil_spy, and tankgirl_88 can attest to that being Section and Flight leaders as well.

BTW: tankgirl and lil_spy...how were your pushups this morning? I think that your flight'll listen to you know. Either that or Flight 1 will the be buffest one in the Squadron.
February 3rd, 2005  
lil_spy

Well after about the 60 push-ups we did for that one stupid event hopefully they will have learned something. But if not, we will definitely be ready for the next PT test!