Apple Products and the Idiots that buy them....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
iProduct.gif

Okay, so you buy this magical new appliance with which you are going to run your entire life, communicate with others, communicate on the Intarweb, listen to music, live by the built-in calendar/scheduler…

...until the batteries run down.

No problem, you think, I'll just nip over to the drugstore and get some replacement AAs/PM9s/C123s. And then, O Apple Sycophant and Jobs Worshipper, you discover the awful truth: you're ****ed.
The iPhone's battery is apparently soldered on inside the device and cannot be swapped out by the owner like most other cell phones.
Users would have to submit their iPhone to Apple for battery service. The service will cost users $79, plus $6.95 for shipping, and will take three business days.

Hmmm… lessee, was this little snippet of information made public ahead of the iPhone's wildly successful launch?
Of course it wasn't, you idiots.
Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Hakes said Thursday the company posted the battery replacement details on its Web site last Friday after the product went on sale. [my emphasis]
Give me a moment…
Sorry. I had to go away for a while to let the uncontrollable giggles end. I wonder if the terminally-cool slacker in the Mac/PC ad campaign is still going to be wearing that little smirk? If I were a sucker new iPhone user, he'd be wearing a black eye.

Oh, and let's add the final insult to the three-day injury:

...because some users will not want to live without their cell phones, Apple is also offering a loaner iPhone for $29 while the gadget is under repair.
Lemmee see: $86 for a new battery, three days incommunicado, and $30 for a "loaner". Remind me again why Apple devotees are so smart...?

Oh… and one last thing: Another vexing problem is that many of the existing iPod accessories don't work with the iPhone. So, for example, if you're used to plugging your iPod into your car adapter to listen to podcasts you've downloaded on the way to work, you will have to buy a special new adapter in order to do it now.

I'll stick with my little ten dollar cell phone that does two things. Make calls and receiv calls. Yeah, I can replace my battery. It did not cost me $600. It fits in my pocket, and lastly. I have dropped it at least fifty times and it still works. Screw that touch screen crap. I'll stick with real buttons. I can replace those if they break and that cost me a total of $5.00 instead of some super rich repair fee.

Sometimes, being old-fashioned has its advantages.

iUp yours, Jobs.

It's ridiculous about Apple, they're just a bunch of *******s selling off a brand name...

The same can apply to most brand name things, gucci, tommy hilfiger, channel, dooney & bourke, BMW...ect

Other brands offer the same product, but at a lower price.

So basically when you're buying an apple product you're just paying the extra 200 for the name, instead of getting a product just like it, different brand but $200 less

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't like it, just don't buy one. It's pretty simple. If others want to spend their $600 for a phone, that's capitalism.

LOL....everyone i know tells me they think ill have one of those before the years up but i just dont see paying 600 for a phone..i mean the most i could see myself paying is 100 - 200 or so but 600 is a lil ridiculous.. lol... oh and speaking of ipods...if you dont have a tape player and only have a cd player...how do you hook up your ipod to your truck? ive checked at walmart and only saw adapters that are inserted through the tape player...

I've dropped my cell off a 3 story drop before, washed it, and left it in the snow over night, and it still works. It cost $50. Try that with an iPhone.

Motorola i670. No, I was not intentionally trying to break it. **** happens, especially when your short term memory is as short term as mine.

Yes, **** does seem to happen often. It's also the most widely used explanation for anything that goes on in life, cell phones included.

I heart Apple.

Many new products have little bumps along the way, nothing is perfect.

I WISH I could afford an iPhone...but that is a little insane price wise. And I still have to upgrade my iPod, so that baby will have to wait. *Sighs sadly*

Apple is the most worthless developer in electronics ever. Ipod isnt great compared to other MP3 players, Apple computers are well below par unless you are in graphics design, and the iphone is so expensive its almost ridiculous. I do not and will never own an apple product.

I paid $19.99 for my phone with a 3 year contract, and it has been through Hell and back and still works great =) I've dropped it, accidentally thrown it (twirling it around and accidentally letting go...oops), left it in a cooler full of water, ran over it with an ATV, and it's still good as new, other than a few nicks and scratches =) It even has a camera feature on it..mind u it's not the best quality, but meh, for $20 I'm not complaining....

Back