Apparent 1st flight of Chinese stealth fighter

http://wareye.com/china-j-20-fighte...ished-between-true-and-false-more-like-bomber

Yup.... Maybe it's not a mock up, guess we will find out in 2018.:-?

Well one thing is certain is that it is slightly bigger than an F/A 22A. One good attribute about American Warplanes however is that over time they get better and better,

(F 15A goes to F 15B then to F 15C and E ect....same with F 18s, F 14s when they were in service ect...)

Makes me wonder what the F/A 22 C will be capable of,... but by that point there maybe only be a handful of them as the price would be through the roof.

Last edited:
http://wareye.com/china-j-20-fighte...ished-between-true-and-false-more-like-bomber

Yup.... Maybe it's not a mock up, guess we will find out in 2018.:-?

Well one thing is certain is that it is slightly bigger than an F/A 22A. One good attribute about American Warplanes however is that over time they get better and better,

(F 15A goes to F 15B then to F 15C and E ect....same with F 18s, F 14s when they were in service ect...)

Makes me wonder what the F/A 22 C will be capable of,... but by that point there maybe only be a handful of them as the price would be through the roof.
F-22 is cancelled & manufacturer says they can't reassemble production line once dissasymbled. Report a few days ago said J-20 apx size of F-111.

If this thing is any good we got a whole new problem on our hands... I expect the Chinese ability to catch up with Western technologies will only get faster and better and perhaps maybe even surpass all of us someday.
I shudder at the thought.

I doubt they will surpass the skunk works. They can only build what they steal. :D They are stealing completed projects, not the stuff that hasn't come out yet. When they have acquired the abilities to make this stuff on their own is when when we need to start worrying. They make cheap immations let alone the real thing at this point. They are implementing projects the US was in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:
This is exactly the sort of junk the Chinese said when they were on top of the world.
The next thing they knew, all these various countries showed up with their armies and navies with steel hulled ships, advanced equipment and tactics. The country got carved up.

Aparently the day that the Stealth Test was conducted, Robert Gates mentioned it on his recent trip to Bejing only hours on the morning that the test took place, when he questioned Chinese President Hu, Mr. Hu responded that he did not know that the test took place that morning, raising the question how much control the Chinese Leadership had on it's military.

Least thats what I read in the Journal. ( I know the bad practice of finding only one source)

Still the plane does indeed raise eyebrows, it seems just a few months back we were all doing the same thing with the Pak Fa.

From the dicscussinns above, I can see that Americans are beginning to worry about our ability in top military technology. Although some of you guys reluctantly to admit by smearing this achievement.

No not really. I think what we are trying to say is when you can set up a set of engineers when you can equal to the west is probabaly going to be at the very least 20 to 30 years at best.

Last edited:
Right now yes.
In the coming years, the gap will close.

As for the Chinese leadership not knowing about the first test flight of their stealth fighter... although it's front page news to us, they may have more pressing and more immediate tasks to deal with.
If you pop quizzed President Obama about some military event that took place this morning and he didn't know, would that mean that he has lost control of his military? No.
Likewise there is no indication that the Chinese government has lost any control or is being threatened by the Chinese military in any way at this current time.

Right now yes.
In the coming years, the gap will close.

As for the Chinese leadership not knowing about the first test flight of their stealth fighter... although it's front page news to us, they may have more pressing and more immediate tasks to deal with.
If you pop quizzed President Obama about some military event that took place this morning and he didn't know, would that mean that he has lost control of his military? No.
Likewise there is no indication that the Chinese government has lost any control or is being threatened by the Chinese military in any way at this current time.

Exactly my point, I did not say I felt that way, just that's how western media seems to come off as, when the leading executive of such a large country compiles his or her morning schedule for their work day , they would most likely have more pressing domestic issues on his or her morning agenda, especially for a large and quickly developling country such as China.

Mr. Hu probably did not have the mindset that he should be in on every second of the plane's development in order to accomidate western news reports...which makes cyrstal sense, he has a country to run.

Last edited:
I doubt they will surpass the skunk works. They can only build what they steal. :D They are stealing completed projects, not the stuff that hasn't come out yet. When they have acquired the abilities to make this stuff on their own is when when we need to start worrying. They make cheap immations let alone the real thing at this point. They are implementing projects the US was in the 70s and 80s.

That was the case not long ago. As luck would have it, the USA in particular gave China huge leaps in technology and industry of all sorts. China also has the MONEY they never had. Just 15 yr ago, China could not fight a war they could not walk to. That's no longer so. Greedy,shortsighted tycoons have been packing up whole industries and re-planting them in China. Now? We ain't that self sufficient industrial giant from WW 2...the US currently has no operational ability to make things as fundamentally American as a basketball shoe, a television,a desktop computer. That stuff IS made in China.

China now has the know how to do materials,to do electronics,to build production facilities,and they have the money to invest in MORE progress while we debate what to slash. This trend has happened before in history.

"Chinese Communism" is pretty much a facade now. They have been hard core capitalists but with a long range viewpoint and a loyalty to the nation's fortunes and future. The US meanwhile has veered toward a form of corporate feudalism as the arisocracy gets richer and the middle class slides toward being modern day peasents. The nations assets get diverted offshore where the rich still get rich but the trickle down..trickles down to someplace else. China is building infrastructure at an unprecedented rate...freeways,dams,power plants,factories,skyscrapers. Here? The hot agenda is tax cuts for the rich. :lol: ....after all, the rich need more money. That's the whole POINT..huh?

So...I was near the Golden Gate at a friends a few times and I'd see those giant container ships coming in..the size of an aircraft carrier,stuff stacked on the decks. I saw them often. What I did not see...was OUTBOUND ships with stuff stacked on the decks. Odd...I know those ships go back for a reload...but do they go back empty?

I guess we could fill it with sacks of wheat and corn. The US makes damn good craft beers...WAY better than Tsing Tao...but an irony is that Craft brewers have more DEMAND than supply now...and have trouble getting funding to expand.

Maybe we could take in China's laundry. With them all having jobs,they are pretty busy.

So...China can and WILL rapidly improve their military hardware and will pretty much be a dominant force in the Far East. Them beating us to a high performance DEPLOYED stealthy fighter...will be one notable benchmark on the way. The good news is that China is doing so damn well on a peaceful path they don't have much incentive for military aggression.

How so? It's hardly an original concept at this point. They may not have stolen the exact composites used in such an aircraft, but as for the concept of their plane's layout, seems big, really big, but awfully familiar....and waiting on Russian engines.

That was the case not long ago. As luck would have it, the USA in particular gave China huge leaps in technology and industry of all sorts.

Greedy,shortsighted tycoons have been packing up whole industries and re-planting them in China. Now? We ain't that self sufficient industrial giant from WW 2...

China now has the know how to do materials,to do electronics,to build production facilities,and they have the money to invest in MORE progress while we debate what to slash.
America has not only exported it technology to foreign countries but some of its technologies of which has held American technology above all others, is now capable of being designed and manufactured over seas. The controls on software, integrated circuits, etc. no longer exist for practical purposes. The USA can no longer control foreign militaries access to the latest technologies. The gap between what the USA can make exclusively is shrinking.
The technology sharing agreements in semiconductors/electronics between Russian companies and US companies includes Motorola, Sun Microsystems, Monlit Corp Planar, International Rectifier, Mikron, etc.

How so? It's hardly an original concept at this point. They may not have stolen the exact composites used in such an aircraft, but as for the concept of their plane's layout, seems big, really big, but awfully familiar....and waiting on Russian engines.
The technology of stealth is not new but, no two countries can nor will do it the same way. Stealth is not just the physics of the design, it it is a monumental effort on the 'physicist' to define exactly what the properties it is that the engineers must design by. Engineering must specify exactly the what chemical engineers must create in the different materials the aircraft have on the exterior sections. Manufacturing must design the method to produce the final results. A good example is the B-2 Stealth bomber, the leading edges of the wings are not straight! The leading edges are an arc, a 2,475-ft radius (approx.)! Manufacturing had to design a method of making this arc and how it needed to blend into all the other angles of the fuselage. As it turned out, the leading edge section has to be built from the outside inward!!
The intelligence communities for the Russian AF and the PLAAF did a good job. Information from the F-117 shot down over Kosovo, was a very little piece in that, it showed how the Americans did it with the previous generation of stealth. Studying the newer processes in designing the F-35 shows a good path that cost far less to produce the same type of results obtained in the F-22 program.

Back