APC / GTK-Boxer

PzBrig15

The German-Army ( Bundeswehr) and the Nederland Landmacht will get a new APC ( Armoured Personal Carrier) in the next year . The German-Army ordered 292 in the Version : Personal Carrier , Command-Version and Driver-school Vehicle . The Nederland will get the Version Command-Version and Medevac. The Medevac Version get a High-Cabin .
A Order for German GTK-Boxer in Configuration MEDEVAC and Recovery is open .

All Pictures are copyright by PzBrig15 .
First the MEDEVAC GTK-Boxer Nederland Prototyp :

LandmachtDagen2005Arnheim024.jpg

LandmachtDagen2005Arnheim025-1.jpg

LandmachtDagen2005Arnheim028.jpg

LandmachtDagen2005Arnheim044-1.jpg

The Nederland Command-Post Version :

LandmachtDagen2006Havelte051.jpg

LandmachtDagen2006Havelte052.jpg

LandmachtDagen2006Havelte116.jpg

The German Army / Bundeswehr is testing the GTK-Boxer in a lot of versions and configurations. The German testing center WTD get the britisch Prototyp with a little turret for Optics. This version is closed.
No GTK-Boxer became a little turret. The Britisch Army did not order the GTK, they ordered the MOWAG , Piranha IV .

So I post pictures from the ex- UK Prototyp , now by the German testing crew .

WTS2006Koblenz-2041-1.jpg

WTS2006Koblenz-2042-1.jpg

WTS2006Koblenz-2043-1.jpg

The German Personal Carrier in the configuration so it is produced :
With the Weapon-Station with MG or GMW .

TdoTWTDKoblenz2-1.jpg

WTD41Trier009.jpg

To explain GMW (Granat Maschinen Waffe)- Grenade Machine-Gun:
40 mm x 53, 340 shots per minute... nasty (my unit has 3 for each company)
gmg01.jpg

source: Heckler & Koch Webside

The first delivery GTK-Boxer roll out end of 2009

The Customer KMWEG delivered the first serial GTK-Boxer in the end of 2009. The German Army ordered :
125 Vehicle in configuration Infantry Troop Carrier
with a Weapon-Station FLW 200
Look the follow link : http://www.kmweg.de/gb/frame.php?page=12

65 Vehicle in configuration : Command-Version ( Führungsfahrzeug FüFzg)

72 Vehicle with MEDEVAC-Version ( High-Cabin version)
10 Vehicle for Driver-School Unit

big order noumbers...hope they find more clients though, you have to sell to several countries these days.

In the moment the customer ARTEC ( KMWEG and Storkk NK ) had two order-Nations.
Germany and Nederland
No officiall , but Spain had interesed by this vehicle.
One may be strained whether the vehicle gets also active protective systems inserted
It was great , if the vehicle get the AMAP-ADS System .
But there is no
In addition however nothing stands in the advertisement

Not bad at all,but my belief is that every apc should have a turret and a mangun like the LAV apc.It would simply be a lot of firepower,and by that logic a squadron of apc's could have a light job against a tank.

Not bad at all,but my belief is that every apc should have a turret and a mangun like the LAV apc.It would simply be a lot of firepower,and by that logic a squadron of apc's could have a light job against a tank.

Unless you have several ATGM carrying vehicles a single tank will absolutely murder a squadron of light armoured vehicles, that includes 105mm carrying LAVs, the best tactic any number of LAVs can employ in regard to tanks is stay away.

Unless you have several ATGM carrying vehicles a single tank will absolutely murder a squadron of light armoured vehicles, that includes 105mm carrying LAVs, the best tactic any number of LAVs can employ in regard to tanks is stay away.

Or run like H3ll!

actually a 105mm if used properly could do some real damage.
Sides or back and even then you need luck and you need to do it with first shot since the tank has superior optics, superior range and if it hits any section of your LAV you're dead, even if your tank is an old T-55 with :cen: optics and no gun stabilisation it still has armour enough to survive multiple hits and one shot-kill capability so you're going to be very very desperate if you're using a 105mm as AT.

Mod edit: Watch your language. Next time you will get an infraction. Read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your not completely correct.
1) With good ammunition and a short ranges(less than 1000) a 105 round could be deadly for even a modern MBT.
2)A T-55, T-62, and even an early model T-72 can be destroyed by a 105mm at any realistic range by a 105mm KE round. Ecen the older KE rounds would dod againts the T-55. Heck, for the T-55 and the T-62 even a 105mm HESH/HEP round would do.
3) A T-55 or even T-62 without the recent upgrades such as digital fire control or a laser range finder couldent hit any target, let alone a fast moving one like a wheeled vehicle , with one shot. Heck, if it made it 4 shots at 1200 meters i would give the gunner a medal.

Last edited:
Your not completely correct.
1) With good ammunition and a short ranges(less than 1000) a 105 round could be deadly for even a modern MBT.
2)A T-55, T-62, and even an early model T-72 can be destroyed by a 105mm at any realistic range by a 105mm KE round. Ecen the older KE rounds would dod againts the T-55. Heck, for the T-55 and the T-62 even a 105mm HESH/HEP round would do.
3) A T-55 or even T-62 without the recent upgrades such as digital fire control or a laser range finder couldent hit any target, let alone a fast moving one like a wheeled vehicle , with one shot. Heck, if it made it 4 shots at 1200 meters i would give the gunner a medal.
Not happening, unless you're fighting some stick waving banana republic said T-55s are going to have ERA on them and T-72s will be uparmored, not to mention that they will have improved optics and if you're firing a 105mm you are sitting still, i doubt any LAV can accuretely blast away while on the move, its a simple weight to impact ratio.

As for modern MBTs or even class below them 105mm can do frack all to them, unless its a freak hit or the tank got it up the ass all you can hope for is that you damage the optics or blow a track so you can run away.

105mm LAVs are not meant to be used as AT assets and i doubt anyone will use them like that if they have tanks, helos or ATGMs available.

Not happening, unless you're fighting some stick waving banana republic said T-55s are going to have ERA on them and T-72s will be uparmored, not to mention that they will have improved optics and if you're firing a 105mm you are sitting still, i doubt any LAV can accuretely blast away while on the move, its a simple weight to impact ratio.

As for modern MBTs or even class below them 105mm can do frack all to them, unless its a freak hit or the tank got it up the ass all you can hope for is that you damage the optics or blow a track so you can run away.

105mm LAVs are not meant to be used as AT assets and i doubt anyone will use them like that if they have tanks, helos or ATGMs available.

I disagree. A 105mm with a new KE would pound a T-55, even with something like Kontakt-5. Saying a 105mm firing modern KE rounds wouldn't penetrate a T-55 is just foolish.

And if properly balanced and with a modern gyro stabilization system a LAV can fire on the move. Aside from that, I'm sure the commander of the said LAV isn't going to have his driver pull right out infront of anything that poses even a minor threat to his vehicle, he'd maneuver himself into a position that would be a tactical advantage. LAV unit's aren't stupid, they know what the limit is on engaging targets, a tank is not something they'd engage unless forced to by outside mean's (i.e. the tank engages first, no support arms in the area, ect...)

I'm not saying an LAV can replace a tank, but what I am saying is that an LAV 105 can hold it's own against a T-55 in a proper scenario. You not going to plot the thing dead center head on with a tank, that's just total idiocy.

Last edited:

105mm sucsesfully destroyed T-55 and T-62 in houndreds of battles. A modern DU-APFSDS 105mm will destroy a T-72 with out any issue. It will also do in many modern tanks from the side or rear.

I disagree. A 105mm with a new KE would pound a T-55, even with something like Kontakt-5. Saying a 105mm firing modern KE rounds wouldn't penetrate a T-55 is just foolish.

And if properly balanced and with a modern gyro stabilization system a LAV can fire on the move. Aside from that, I'm sure the commander of the said LAV isn't going to have his driver pull right out infront of anything that poses even a minor threat to his vehicle, he'd maneuver himself into a position that would be a tactical advantage. LAV unit's aren't stupid, they know what the limit is on engaging targets, a tank is not something they'd engage unless forced to by outside mean's (i.e. the tank engages first, no support arms in the area, ect...)

I'm not saying an LAV can replace a tank, but what I am saying is that an LAV 105 can hold it's own against a T-55 in a proper scenario. You not going to plot the thing dead center head on with a tank, that's just total idiocy.

A LAV in a stand off situation ceirtanly cannot hold its own, i'm not arguint it cannot penetrate ancient T-55, but if they have additional plates and ERA its not going to be a shot-kill, any shot from a tank (or even another 105mm LAV) will destroy LAVs.

As for T-72s the modernized versions are up front completely unpenetrable.

A LAV in a stand off situation ceirtanly cannot hold its own, i'm not arguint it cannot penetrate ancient T-55, but if they have additional plates and ERA its not going to be a shot-kill, any shot from a tank (or even another 105mm LAV) will destroy LAVs.

As for T-72s the modernized versions are up front completely unpenetrable.

Why would an LAV be in a stand off with a tank to begin with? No one here said an LAV could survive a hit from a tank or another 105, I was stating a crews training and common sense would never put themselves in a situation where they'd need to battle it out with a tank.

I don't think so. I am more than certain a M829A3 APFSDS-T would slice through a T-72 like a hot knife through jello, even with ERA and added plate. Stating such things is ridiculous, if you think a T-72 is completely impenetrable against a modern MBT, then you are sorely mistaken.

You show your lack of knowledge in armor and physics. A KE round would not be effected by ERA, and modern KE rounds have penetrated a tanks whole turret on both sides, passing straight through. KE (Kinetic Energy) round use the energy from the weapon itself to penetrate armor, not a chemical compound like HEP, HESH, or HEAT. Most modern KE rounds use dense material such as DU, which has a self sharpen property and it just punches armor and slides through it.

And even if they added additional plate, its does not help. Even HEP can penetrate up to a foot of RHA. The T-72 is a design that is past it's prime, and no matter of adding armor or optic's is going to help it.

Last edited:
Back