apache vs rooivalk

tommy_gunn

The apache is built by the US and the Rooivalk is build by south Africa
Both look exactly the same, BUT the Apache cannot make a 360 loop where the Rooivalk can do it, Question who makes the best 1 USA or South Africa

Rooivalk is a very good, cost-effective chopper. Turkey was considering it for its 100-gunship ATAK program (AgustaWestland's A129 won it). But when compared, Apache is simply more advanced. Network centric, employs a kick-butt MMW mast radar, highly modifiable, truly network-centric and battle tested and proven to work time and again.

Rooivalk will easily take on anything South Korea's neighbors may throw its way, but I doubt it'll perform as good as the Apache in the world's worst conflict zones.

AH-64D_DVD-1098-2_375x300.jpg

Beauty. :angel:

I agree with Lunatik, but the Rooivalk has one thing going for it; it's designed to be easily maintained without proper facilities in the African wilderness. But I'm no chopper expert so for all I know the Apache could be just as good in that area.

The helicopter matchup I'd really like to see is Apache vs. Ka-50 Black Shark.

The helicopter matchup I'd really like to see is Apache vs. Ka-50 Black Shark.

Considering capabilities, ease of maintenance, on-paper facts, unit price, political factors, etc. my personal top-5 list would be:

1. AH-1Z / King Cobra (Simply the KING of attack helicopters.)
2. T-129 / Mangusta (Advanced TR version with Comanche engine, A2A capability, SAR, etc.)
3. AH-64 / Apache (Tried and proven tank hunter, but too costy to operate against soft targets.)
4. Mi-28 / Havoc (Heavy butt gunship.)
5. EC665 / Tiger (Eurocopter quality? Or is it just well marketed?)

What makes T-129 #2 for me is the fact that Turkey will have it's intellectual rights (and the ability to market it to friendly countries like Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Macedonia, etc.) and it'll be produced in Turkey with Turkish mission computer, avionics, sub-systems and most importantly, weapons...

atak.jpg

Considering capabilities, ease of maintenance, on-paper facts, unit price, political factors, etc. my personal top-5 list would be:

1. AH-1Z / King Cobra (Simply the KING of attack helicopters.)
2. T-129 / Mangusta (Advanced TR version with Comanche engine, A2A capability, SAR, etc.)
3. AH-64 / Apache (Tried and proven tank hunter, but too costly to operate against soft targets.)
4. Mi-28 / Havoc (Heavy butt gunship.)
5. EC665 / Tiger (Eurocopter quality? Or is it just well marketed?)

Good post, maybe you should start a thread on attack choppers.

Back