Apache limitations

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Can any of you aircraft types give me a source to help debunk this windbag who keeps telling me the Apache is capable of doing a loop- going completely inverted? I'm trying to 'use my words'. :)

Damn. I'm gonna have a hard time living this one down. I figured that video was bollocks.

Yeah it can actually do it.
I heard that the Blackhawk can also do it but I've never seen a video of it pull it off.

Damn. I'm gonna have a hard time living this one down. I figured that video was bollocks.

Well, if it makes you feel any better I didnt think it was possible either until I saw the video. I still dont quite understand the Science of how its possible.

A inverted Helicopter generates no Lift, so in theory it should fall like a stone. Perhaps carried by its own momentum, but Helicopters dont fly that fast in general, I would have wagered it would have stalled out before it reached the apex of the loop.

Apparently some four bladed helicopters can pull it off but no two blade helicopter can.
Not something I can confirm but I did read that somewhere years ago.

uhh liveleak?
Don't think htat'll work in China.
Why don't you try one of those Chinese youtube rip offs. I'm sure they have a clip of that somewhere.

Back