AP attack the rescue of reporter

Wow..such waivers exist? I learn something new everyday. Still , I don't agree with endangering our soldiers unnecessarily or foolishly. Why not just have skilled military soldier/reporters liasing with reporters via satellite to get a story. :roll: Those waivers should really be enforced are my thoughts.

Or a better idea: when the journos get caught, don't care.
I have a feeling that this was supposed to be an operation to try to impress the Press corps. What a bad idea that turned out to be.

Dear Members of the Media;

While we of course recognize your right to conduct your hard hitting investigative and informative brand of journalism, we are sorry to inform you of the following.

We will no longer be able to launch hostage rescue/recovery missions that are caused by your lack of situational awareness and inattention to the enviroment you are in.

We are sure that the persons taking you hostage will recognize you are a non-combatant and only out to get the truth out (like Daniel Pearl) so you should be fine and comfortable and hopefully in a non-threatening enviroment.

Additionally we would not want to be held responsible for disrupting negotiations or for any "needless" deaths which might occur during your rescue.

So next time we see you; on Al Jazzira having your head sawed off with a dull scimetar we hope you won't think ill of us. Best of luck.

NATO Forces A'stan.

This the letter I'd send out.

Last edited:
Back