Anyone Remember What Happened 43 Years Ago Today?

Missileer

I forgot myself until I heard a newscaster mention it. Nov. 22, 1963. I was a Pfc in the Army when we all got recalled to our missile sites on hot battery.

CS Lewis, author of The Chronicles of Narnia, also died today, 43 years ago. Creepy...

loneliestjobintheworldkl9.jpg

No man in modern times had such a burden on his shoulders as JFK when he literally stared down the powerful USSR.

I think the Gerald Posner book, "Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK" published in 2003 is the one that dispelled of all the conspiracy myths as far as I'm concerned.

It was no dream .....

Nov. 22, 1963 was my 19th birthday ... I had the day off and was sacked out (open bay berthing [Quonset hut] - temp-duty assignment) ...

OH - I forgot - I had a nightmare ......... NOT! (never happened)...I was awakened by someone shaking me to tell me that the President of the United States had just been shot. I told him he was full of sh#t .. rolled over and tried to go to sleep to no avail. He again shook me and pointed to television where they were showing the footage for the second time.

IT WAS NO DREAM ... things have not been the same since (that includes 9/11).

We lost a great American and one of our greatest Presidents. Without his assassination, history would very well have turned out differently.

Johnson, Nixon, cut and run from Vietnam, Watergate, resignation, Ford, repatriation of Canadian cowards. etc, etc, etc - to today.

I will leave it to others to count the other ways that history would have unraveled differently. I am quite sure that you can list them as easy as I can. It makes no difference whether you are Republican or Democrat - there are obvious circumstances that would have turned out differently IF Kennedy hadn't been assassinated.

Back