Anyone Planning to Watch the Bush/Kerry Debate on Thurs?

I heard on news radio last night that he is sporting a new (very orange) artificial tan for the debate! That should look lovely on camera!

Of course I'm watching it, prolly a recording of it anyways. If I'm not willing to hear both of them on the issues, then I shouldn't be allowed to vote: guilty of closed-mindedness etc.

Kerry is certainly a more articulate speaker than Bush. I don't think that either one was clearly kicking behind. I was not watching, because I am at work, but I was listening on the radio.

I actually have never liked Bush that much.....but I'd probably die before I would support Kerry. And the reasons are boundless as to why I find Kerry so unpalletable.

But, there were a few moments while listening to Bush tonight that I actually liked him better......some personality things. Which really aren't important in the big picture...but I did.

Bush seems to be unsure of himself while Kerry looks to be more confident. I personally don't like either of the two candidates, so i probably wouldnt vote for these elections.

I think Kerry held his own pretty well, and so did Bush. Bad thing is, Bush missed his chance, he could have murdered Kerry on this, I think he blew it, the race will be really tight now. Bush came off repetitive and even frusterated sometimes, but Kerry stayed cool. But luckily for Bush, Kerry still makes no sense, no matter how calmly he says it.

Darkmb101 said:
Bush seems to be unsure of himself while Kerry looks to be more confident. I personally don't like either of the two candidates, so i probably wouldnt vote for these elections.
Thou hast trodden on my personal pet peave. :lol: :lol:

The policy of not voting is always a bad choice, even if you don't like the options. The underlying thing: Politicians do lots of research about who is voting for who, etc. One of the most important stats they look at: What percentage of categorized age-groups are voting? The voter turnout specific to agegroups and generations tell politicians whether they should give a damn about your group or not. People 70 and over vote 90% of the time, and so kissing their ass is extremely important. People who are currently age 18-30 is pretty crappy turnout, 20-30% I believe. Kissing our ass pretty unimportant.

So: Don't vote=make yourself irrelevant to them.

Hey, not trying to make life difficult or anything. I just get frustrated with people who make a point of not voting - they don't see that they are only hurting themselves. If we could get the best man for the job, the two parties would rip him/her to shreds most likely.

I did only see parts of it, and I must say that Kerry looked most like a president of those two yesterday..
(I'm only judgning this by the way they appeared and by the way they spoke)

And it looks like the Norwegian news sources agrees too.
Most of them have "Kerry Won the Debate" on the front page of their websites today...

The news manager have posted an article about it as well: :)
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4734

Back