Anyone living with or knowing a Borderline person?

Well my cousin has Asperger syndrome and that isn't very nice. He's 15-years old and he has beaten his own mother/my aunt a couple of times, and it wasn't very easy for her to commit her son. Asperger syndrome is not a very nice condition but thankfully it can be controlled with medication & therapy. My cousin has now had therapy for about a year and he actually seems like he's a totally different person now.

Here's some info on Asperger syndrome:

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/

Darkmb101 said:
Marksman said:
how do u mean border line?

my thoughts exactly, cuz it really depends on what type of borderline ur talking about.

right. There are several types of borderline. What I refer to here is magic thinking, rituals during the day, screaming. Ive been living with one for 5 yrs now. Just wanted to share ideas and suggestions with someone who has a similar experience.

as long as ur roommate doesnt force u to participate in the rituals and believe in it or have animal scrifices and things like that u should be find.

Darkmb101 said:
as long as ur roommate doesnt force u to participate in the rituals and believe in it or have animal scrifices and things like that u should be find.

Well Darkmb I'd like you to try and live with someone who is constantly screaming and switching water on and off thousands of times every other hour and then switching lights on and off like crazy because he believes that is the way he can make the world love him. He goes to bed at 340 am every night because he can't help it. He sleeps with a hammer under his bed and locks his door everytime. Thats just 2 or 3 %.

ohh well,nothing to worry about,since my sister is studying psyhology at school,she says that those kind of ppl arnt dangerous if u dont bother them to much,or if u dont show authority

I knew this guy once who had a lot of things he had to check before he left the appartment.

First he started in the kitchen checking the owen, microwave, coffee machine and watertap being properly shut down. All lights turned off.

Then he moved on to the bathroom, checking the water tap, the toilet, the tumbledryer and washing machine and unplugging the chords from the wall.

The livingroom was the most important one; pull the TV, Video and Satelitte chords out, turn all all lights and pull two or three chords out of lamps and radio as he moved on.

When he had done all this he did a cross check - moving through all the rooms in his appartment checking that not any lights were turned on or he'd miss anything. What's funny is that he could stare at a lightbulp and ask me if it was turned off or on for the final check out.

Then, if we drove his car or something he could turn around and drive home to check the kettle or coffee machine; he could not remember if it was switched on or off.

Speaking in general if we were going to the cinema we had to start leaving 1 1/2 half hour before the show so he could use the time he needed without stressing, did he stress he would certainly leave the cinema to check at home.

I often told him that "hey mate, everything is alright at your appartment. I did cross check for you when you didn't notice" and he sort of let the tension loose but you could watch in his face that he put a lot of efford into thinking about everything being alright or not.

He did experience a lot of house fires being young which marked him really bad. I don't know where he is now, I've been told he's dead by now, others say he's still alive.

i am dating a girl with an eating disorder at the moment.
i guess how long you stay depends on how much you can stand or thier behavior and how much you like them
best luck

Thanks Locke. Eating disorder is a whole different cattle of fish I guess, but what Sunblock said is so much the case of my roommate. He is like that. Only worse.

My diagnose IS borderline.

Now I am really curious. Do you know how WIDE that term is?

yea it seems to be a very wide term,but i dont think its healty to live with such a person if ur not obligated to do so,so italian my friend,id move out or something

Marksman said:
ohh well,nothing to worry about,since my sister is studying psyhology at school,she says that those kind of ppl arnt dangerous if u dont bother them to much,or if u dont show authority

:shock:

Omg. "If you don't bother them to much?"

Now I really can't drop the subject. So I will let you in on the Borderline diagnose.

First of all, Take this test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Then read this: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/disorder_information2.html

For your information: I can tell you all that this is a such a wide psychological term. Read thousands of books about it. No, it doesn't mean I cut myself. Never have never will. No, I don't OD. No, I don't do impulses. Most people think that Borderline is always the worse parts of the diagnose. For my part, it was more about "shutting" off feelings. It's not easy to explain. But I can assure you all that it's not just a stamp in your @ss that goes like: Borderline - Read diagnose.

Borderline can be caused by a trauma when you're a child. It can be caused when you're older. It can also be caused over not being accepted for you, and being pushed away and turned into a "outcast". There is so many reasons that the people who study the Borderline and the causes can't really determine why it happens.

For my sake: I'm soon to be free from the diagnose. I've worked my ass off to change from this major "teenager" b*tch to a complete woman.

I'm aware that not many people know how it is to be in a situation or what it comeplete feels like. But I do think I have the right to say:

You could have made the topic alot smoother.

Other from that, damn good discussion. ;)

Back