Anyone living with or knowing a Borderline person?

--
Boots

November 8th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Topic: Anyone living with or knowing a Borderline person?

I live with one. A roommate. It's so bad. Anyone?
November 8th, 2004  
Marksman

how do u mean border line?
November 8th, 2004  
Hegario

Well my cousin has Asperger syndrome and that isn't very nice. He's 15-years old and he has beaten his own mother/my aunt a couple of times, and it wasn't very easy for her to commit her son. Asperger syndrome is not a very nice condition but thankfully it can be controlled with medication & therapy. My cousin has now had therapy for about a year and he actually seems like he's a totally different person now.

Here's some info on Asperger syndrome:

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/
--
Boots
November 8th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
my thoughts exactly, cuz it really depends on what type of borderline ur talking about.
November 9th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
my thoughts exactly, cuz it really depends on what type of borderline ur talking about.
right. There are several types of borderline. What I refer to here is magic thinking, rituals during the day, screaming. Ive been living with one for 5 yrs now. Just wanted to share ideas and suggestions with someone who has a similar experience.
November 9th, 2004  
Schwul

I was recently in the local health center and it was not fun nor did it help.
November 10th, 2004  
Darkmb101

as long as ur roommate doesnt force u to participate in the rituals and believe in it or have animal scrifices and things like that u should be find.
November 10th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
as long as ur roommate doesnt force u to participate in the rituals and believe in it or have animal scrifices and things like that u should be find.
Well Darkmb I'd like you to try and live with someone who is constantly screaming and switching water on and off thousands of times every other hour and then switching lights on and off like crazy because he believes that is the way he can make the world love him. He goes to bed at 340 am every night because he can't help it. He sleeps with a hammer under his bed and locks his door everytime. Thats just 2 or 3 %.
November 10th, 2004  
AussieNick

MOVE OUT! That's my advice, 2 or 3% of the time is 2/3% too much.
November 10th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
MOVE OUT! That's my advice, 2 or 3% of the time is 2/3% too much.

Been living here for years now. Will leave next Feb though. Thanks Aussie.