Anyone know where i can buy a WORKING Thompson machine gun

Try Tom Bowers http://www.subguns.com/
or Sturmgewehr http://www.sturmgewehr.com

A transferable pre-WWII 1920's Thompson will cost about $20,000. A transferable WWII M1A1 Thompson will cost about $12,000.

You need to be 21 years old, no felony convictions, pass a FBI background check, get a LEO signature, and pay a $200 transfer tax to the BATF. Count on the above taking about a year.

The seller of the Thompson will probably want the money up front, so you will be out the $20k for awhile before you can shoot it. On the bright side, whatever Thompson you buy will probably appreciate 20% in the year you are waiting for the transfer.

You are welcome.

Go to some local gun shows. If you are in one of the 40 or so States that allows private citizens to own Class 3 firearms, you should have no trouble finding a local dealer.

Also buy a copy of Small Arms Review. If you buy a Class 3 firearm from one of the bigger dealers that advertise there, they can usually refer you to a dealer in your state to do the transfer. The $100 to $200 or so that a dealer will charge you to do the transfer is money well spent. A good dealer can help you get through the ATF process. Most of them are very well versed in ATF regulations as well as local firearm laws.

I just got back from a weekend at the gunshow, the man in a near stand had two Thompsons, so they're around. I don't know if they were operational or not, but the barrel wasn't plugged or the trigger welded or anything like that

2nd time lucky lol

First let me say Jason you are messed up wanting a working tommy gun
Second let me say I like your style lol

Havent seen any about but i will ask my father in law as he knows a lot of people in the gun business

Jay :rambo:

ps think I clicked new topic instead of post reply last time why are they both next to each other at the bottom of the page?? hmmmm

Re: 2nd time lucky lol

zyonchaos said:
ps think I clicked new topic instead of post reply last time why are they both next to each other at the bottom of the page?? hmmmm

Because one of them says "New topic" and the other "post reply", so it shouldn't be too hard to tell the difference between them.. ;)

I've locked your other "thread" now.

Yeah I know redleg and apologies once more

Is idiocy still classed as a valid excuse, what about tiredness, couldnt find my glassess, dog ate my homework, it was the aliens they told me to do it
:p

and back on topic Ive asked my father in law and he doesnt know, but he said he will ask around for you mate

Jay :rambo:

Back