Anyone here that takes/interested in martial arts?

Hapkido is a Korean martial art similar to Tae kwon doe only it has more throws and punches added in to it and is more effective in a self defense situation :)

I'm a second degree black belt in TAE KWON DO

its not taekwondoe, thats just insulting ;) , and, Tae Kwon Do is a very effective fighting style, when you know what you are doing.

I also dabble in Iaido.

i had to wait two years after getting my first degree, which took me about 5 years to get.

Yea, its a long process. Now, i have to wait three years before i can get my third degree.

:rambo:

I'm a black belt in Karate and have been doing it 8 1/2 years.I was ranked number one in my province, and went on to the Canadian National Black Belt Championships in Alberta. I would have gone to the Pan-American Karate Championship but i broke my collar bone riding my motorbike:x . I love doing Kata, and weapons, but my passion is full contact kumite and grappling/groundfighting. I too have trained in Iaido, Muay Thai,judo, and Ju Jitsu. I also help teach self defence courses at my school. I also agree that Tae Kwon Do is very ineffective,lol:smile: .

Katana is the sword. My instuctor calls the training Samurai Sword Training. The one who teaches this training is my instructor's instructor who is a 9th degree black belt in Jujitsu. He comes in for senimars (sp?) and teaches us...some of us. Oh and incase some of you are wondering, the sword isn't sharp...except for the point which I learned the hard way >_<. It's a training sword. My instructor told us it is the art of Iaido but he calls it Samurai Sword training since it's something everyone will remember.

I've just started but I'm going to take a season and then I'll see. I hope to graduate up to the highest level. At least that's my aim.

Back