Anyone have any interesting stories

mvolkin

Hello everyone, I am interested in filling my website with interesting stories about basic training to coinside with my book. Does anyone have any they would like to share.
Thanks for your help!

Well, this isn't anything interesting, but at the moment, it's all i can think of. I was in the front row at a Foo Fighters concert, and my best friend from a summer training course who I hadn't talked to or seen in about a year suddenly ended up beside me out of nowhere. It was pretty cool. Anyways, not much of a story, but it's a start.

Grenade Range

This will be the clean version.

Our Platoon was at the grenade range getting ready for the 2 dry practice throws before we proceeded to the live fire range. The Drill Sergeants were suppose to identify problem soldiers by writting chalk letters on a soldier's kevlar. L stood for looker, W stood for weak, and SA stood for side arm. My DS did things a little different. He wrote LOSER for L, WUSS for W and SORRY A-- for SA. It was pretty amusing to see people get chalk on their kevlars. Then it came time for me to throw. Instead of throwing the grenade like they taught us, I threw it like a baseball. I was a pitcher in high school and 1 day at the range wasn't going to change me. I threw the grenade as far as I could and ducked down behind the fake wall. My DS took the Lords name in vain. I asked "DS did I throw it far enough DS." He replied, "Far enough...you threw it 10 meters past the target. Private, when you get back to the barracks I order you to the latrine to [relieve] the tension in your arm." At this point, every one was laughing.

That's my most interesting story from basic...enjoy

SSG Doody

Back