Anyone give me their opinion?

Cody243

So I am looking at the USMC. My big goal now is to go in as an Aviator, which means I will have to do OCS. The one option of completing OCS that is looking really good to me is the PLC program. So going from this, my current thoughts are that I will attend my first, maybe 2nd year of college before signing up, that way i can take that time and decide if i really want to join, or if this is just a phase im going through. Once i make that decision, i would join up as a Marine Reservist, and then apply for PLC. The OSO where i live told me that PLC has about a 1/3 chance of acceptance, but thought with my test scores (97 ASVAB, 27 ACT, 1756 SAT) and the fact that i would be a Reservist at the time i signed up should give me a fairly good shot at it. If there is anyone out there that knows anything about OCS, or about PLC that could help me out, i would love to hear them. Thanks in advanced guys

Thanks for the heads up on the downsizing. All the more reason to put in the effort now :) And thanks for the site as well.

Cody, You sound exactly like I did before I went to college.

It's a hard choice deciding.
I was planning on going in and doing OCS after a few years of enlistment. I actually had the recruiter tell me to finish college first. Most of what I have found, from talking to retired military (my dad's coworkers) is finishing a bachelors in the field you want to go into in the military. This can get you straight into OCS with the types of scores you're showing. "97 ASVAB, 27 ACT, 1756 SAT" I wish I was that good an school, but we won't go there :)

Now, with the downsizing that 03USMC is showing, it may be rough getting where you want.
I never heard about it until I read this thread.
For me, now that I finished college, I am glad I didn't enlist. But that's me.
I appreciated everyone who fights for this country, it just didn't end up being my cup-of-tea.
With the college also it will give you a backup if you decide not to enlist or do OCS. Degrees come in handy these days.

I do wish you the best of luck on your plans. Just work hard at what you want.

Almost went PLC, was enrolled, orders from Congress, the whole full meal deal.
Cut out on them and joined the Air Force as enlisted.
Air Force treated me well, paid for two degrees and gave me a great skill.
Never regret joining, was a great experience.

Back