Anyone ever read Tom Clancy?

I've only read Bio-Strike but I have a whole lot. I started Rainbow Six but had to put it down cause of stupid school crap.

I did

I read a few of his books. I liked "Rainbow Six" and "Red Storm Rising" the most but all his older books are good. Most of the newer ones(those he wrote with that other guy in particular) are crap. Besides that "The Bear and The Dragon" which is cool.

I really enjoyed "Red Storm Rising" and "Rainbow Six." Also the first one, I cannot remember the name right now, but the one about the druggies here in America who kill Clark's girlfriend.

I tried to read some of his books, just because of everyone in the military talked about his books.. I find them too comprehnsive and way too indepth. I am an avid reader, but fall in between fiction and science fiction books. John grishman style and Misc.

Chaotic said:
I tried to read some of his books, just because of everyone in the military talked about his books.. I find them too comprehnsive and way too indepth.

Just skip to the good parts, that's what I do. I figure, heck, it's not great literature or anything, I'm reading it solely for entertainment value, so why not, right? :lol:

I've read Patriot Games, Hunt for Red October, Executive Orders (i think that's the title,), and Net Force. I'm a HUGE Clancy fan.

Tom Clancy is a great writer. I am a techno buff in some ways also and like finding errors. (I know, I know).
Anyway in "The Hunt for Red October" the electro-magnetic drives of the sub would have been a quick giveaway as to its location. Once the USS Dallas found it any MAD (Magnetic Anomoly Detector) equipped aircraft could have followed it VERY easily.
In "Red Storm Rising" when the FF-10(something) was hit he had the blast zig-zagging around the ship. He had the compartments stacked wrong. I know, I served 3 years on a Knox Class, the USS Elmer Montgomery FF-1082.

Clancy " God"?????

I 've had the pleasure of reading everything the guy has written .... I must say it's hard to pick a favorite book but Kelly is my fav charactor in all the books and my favorite quote is from the book "The Hunt For Red October " ... "Cmon Fly !! Big D!!!!!!."..... My 2 cents is all !! :)

Another series you might like by Haryold Coyle. His books are along the same lines. I have read all of both "series" and liked them all. 8) Some of Coyles stuff includes "Red Rabbit", "The Ten Thousand", and " Against all Enemies"

Redneck said:
I really enjoyed "Red Storm Rising" and "Rainbow Six." Also the first one, I cannot remember the name right now, but the one about the druggies here in America who kill Clark's girlfriend.
"Without Remorse" is the book where Druggies kill Clark's girlfriend. It is probably my favorite oh his books, but I enjoy them all. I think the technical information is interesting, and makes the books a more enjoyable read.

Back