Is Anyone Cricket Fan?

Never heard of him, I take he is either good or eccentric.
Yep both.. Now about that cricket team.. They are versing South Africa at the end of october, that should be good. Then playing against Pakistan in the UAE, Early Nov.

Really well hopefully it wont be too embarassing.
Like the Poms? yeah i wouldn't be singing about their poor show recently. As for the Aussies, they can play like a B grade team sometimes when Bailey is acting captain. I prefer Haddin in charge when Clarke is injured (again).

The good news is that as a Kiwi I am not expected to care about cricket, soccer or any other sport but rugby.

Unfortunately rugby has been flogged to death over here so I am not even sure I care about that as such I decided to become a Green Bay Packers fan which is a sport no one in the country knows or cares about so there is no pressure for them to win.

The good news is that as a Kiwi I am not expected to care about cricket, soccer or any other sport but rugby.

Unfortunately rugby has been flogged to death over here so I am not even sure I care about that as such I decided to become a Green Bay Packers fan which is a sport no one in the country knows or cares about so there is no pressure for them to win.

The Green Bay Packers lost :cry: never mind. Playing the NY Jets next, not sure they will win that game either...

The Green Bay Packers lost :cry: never mind. Playing the NY Jets next, not sure they will win that game either...

It is not unusual for them, they seem to have a couple of good years followed by a very bad one then back to good so I am not too worried.

They also seem to start extremely well or extremely badly but reverse the trend in the second half of the season.

It is not unusual for them, they seem to have a couple of good years followed by a very bad one then back to good so I am not too worried.

They also seem to start extremely well or extremely badly but reverse the trend in the second half of the season.

We are coming up to the tail end of the AFL season and fingers crossed the Dockers win their games. if not :crybaby:.. lol

I've never watched cricket but love a good game of football.
t31033.gif
The Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco Forty Niners are playing tomorrow in Dallas's first regular season game. I missed all of the pre season games and heard they didn't do very well. :(

Dallas lost 17 to 28....
t9410.gif

Last edited:
Never been into American Football, i do however like ice hockey.
The Dockers lost (bugger) and one guy suffered a broken jaw :-( .

ouch....

Never been to an ice hockey game either. I've seen the Mavericks (basketball) live and will never forget it. Loved it! We were so close I could see the expressions and the moves were ....
t31075.gif
like I said, never forget it.

Never been into American Football, i do however like ice hockey.
The Dockers lost (bugger) and one guy suffered a broken jaw :-( .

Hehe I went to Superbowl XXXII unfortunately the Broncos beat the Packers which kind of ruined it for me.

Been to a few Arizona Cardinals games and a Packers Lions one sadly also went to some Baseball game that bored me stupid.

Is it true that watching cricket is like watching baseball on valium? If so then it's pretty boring. ... or relaxed.

I shudder to think of the answers you might give. :D

Last edited:
Watching Cricket can be exciting, it can also be like watching a pork chop go off.
I have watched a few baseball games, i would however prefer to sit and watch a cricket match.

I went to see the Texas Rangers and it wasn't exciting enough. They stood around the bases and I guess I'm more into the physical plays of the games. If I'm in the mood for a little less exciting (physical) sport to watch, it would be golf or tennis. I've watched the Mavericks (basketball) and some of the moves are amazing.. same with football. In football it seems to be more rough and the plays are unbelievable sometimes.

Aussie rules is my other love, i couldn't watch golf, and i have been to Wimbledon to see a few tennis matches, however that was a few years ago.

Watching Cricket can be exciting, it can also be like watching a pork chop go off.

"pork chop go off"... is this another way of saying "we're having a barbecue" ... or ... "we're cooking out on the grill"...?

That can be quite fun, it all depends on the company of course.

Last edited:
Back